Edward .F.Timmers

Bas

What wonderful pictures!!! It looks like a very peaceful setting. I

m so glad that you're caring for Edward. It must have been a very special visit now knowing a little about his life. When I get the obituaries I will send them. I sent you his sons Address by email the other day. Do you think you will contact him?

Darlene

Bas, tres jolie! The scenery is just gorgeous and the snow makes it even more so! Thanks for posting those here, and for also sharing a photo of yourself. It's always nice to see what our members look like.

Take care and thank you,

M1

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

this was the first time i was on henri-chapelle with snow

and yes it was verry special ,on saturday we have a historic march

of the 82 nd airborne they fight in the ardennes

here a picture of me and my german friend hartmut

we bote members of buglers accros america in europe :smwave:

schaatsen2009049ud5.th.jpg

and yes i will contact with his son , darlene you have a e-mail back ; )

best regards bas timmers

I love being part of this adventure!!! I will keep an eye out for your email. I may send a reminder email to the woman sending me the obituary to remind her, since I have not seen it yet.

Today a large envelope arrived from Cincinnatti Museum!!! Inside were a couple of small articles about Edward, his fathers obituary from the 50's and some other family paper work. This weekend I will make a special trip to the postal office and mail them off to Bas.

I tried scanning one of the obits to post here, but its a photo copy of an old newspaper, so it wasnt legible.

What stuns me is that he is just one of 18 or so people from Cincinnati killed in the day or so around the newspaper article being printed.

Hi Darlene, i use a trick thats worked for me when trying to scan a photocopy of an old newspaper article such as an old obit, that isnt legible as a photo file, ( .jpg )

If your scanner / software will do it, ( i use HP Image Zone), scan the item as a grayscale document then "save as" a .pdf file.

Most times for me it comes out readable and you can also magnify it.

whauw thats great news i am verry curious for the papers

best regards bas timmers

Hi Darlene, i use trick thats worked for me when trying to scan a photocopy of an old newspaper article such as an old obit, that isnt legible as a photo file, ( .jpg )

If your scanner / software will do it, ( i use HP Image Zone), scan the item as a grayscale document then "save as" a .pdf file.

Most times for me it comes out readable and you can also magnify it.

I will have to take a look tonight when I get home. I would like to put at least one of the little obits up here for folks to look at.

Bas Timmers

civilwargal

sonofaMP

Veroe

I have just found the thread about your finding the info about the soldier whose grave you are attending . The interchange between all of you is most interesting.

Have there been any new developments since the last posting on 24 Feb.09?

Have you been able to communicate with the son?

Thank you all and Marion for this interesting interesting story.

ColBill

Hi Col. Bill,

Bas sent off a letter and photos of the grave site a few weeks ago and has gotten no reply. There could be a lot of reasons, but hopefully he'll hear something soon. It was a lot of fun to watch this mystery unravel and I hope that it has a happy ending.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for information on William Edward Purkess Mark D 4 5,378 12-23-2020, 07:23 PM
Last Post: WEAVER
  Info on Tech 4 Edward L Kelly New Guinea WWII KAYOK 3 4,508 02-11-2018, 08:29 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter