38th signal battalion

Here I am again with a question :rolleyes:-_-<_<

I am looking for more information about the 38th signal battalion. I searched the forums here and the internet. I only came up with this here.

http://www.ibiblio.org/cizewski/felixa/normandy/38th.html

They have been in our village as you can see on the second document. We knew they were here from December 44 - January 45 but that has been expanded untill March 45. I also found an address from the association or something like that.

Does anybody have more information? Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Frank

Hi Frank, not much available on the 38th Signal Bn. most of it is on the website you found. They are listed under 9th U.S. Army. I looked thru this website: Lone Sentry: Service: Story of the Signal Corps. Alot of the Signal Corps units are mentioned but didn`t see a mention of the 38th.

normandy allies website association contact

38th Signal Battalion

Mr. William Foiles

Box 5567

Columbia, SC 29250

(The Spur)

(803) 776-1114 (H)

(803) 771-6208 (O)

It was like lightning struck yesterday evening. A friend of me received a photoalbum from a woman who is living in the same village. She had some pictures from the war. Those pictures were made in december 1944. The only thing she knew was his name, Carl. She also had a picture of him which was made in March 1945 in Munchengladbach.

After they left our village in early March 1945 they went to another place for 1 week and after that they moved to Munchengladbach. So we know that he was from 38th signal battalion. Let's hope we can get a roster of it or so.

We also received a diary from another woman and there were some poems in it from American Soldiers. Some of them were from the 38th. We are trying to find out more about them. I searched the NARA website but had only one match so far.

I send a letter to Mr. Foiles yesterday so it will take some time before there will be an answer.

Thanks for the help anyway SonofaMP.

Frank

:armata_PDT_23::armata_PDT_23:

It was like lightning struck yesterday evening. A friend of me received a photoalbum from a woman who is living in the same village. She had some pictures from the war. Those pictures were made in december 1944. The only thing she knew was his name, Carl. She also had a picture of him which was made in March 1945 in Munchengladbach.

After they left our village in early March 1945 they went to another place for 1 week and after that they moved to Munchengladbach. So we know that he was from 38th signal battalion. Let's hope we can get a roster of it or so.

We also received a diary from another woman and there were some poems in it from American Soldiers. Some of them were from the 38th. We are trying to find out more about them. I searched the NARA website but had only one match so far.

I send a letter to Mr. Foiles yesterday so it will take some time before there will be an answer.

Thanks for the help anyway SonofaMP.

Frank

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  57th Signal Bn Walt's Daughter 2 4,698 07-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter