Taylor leaves for Iraq very soon

I thought I would share a picture of the baby.... well he used to be. I am going to go back to the base with him on Tuesday for some wonderful times before he leaves. I figured if I was ever gonna do a really selfish thing now would be my chance. Its just gonna be me and my boy for 5 days or so before the rest of the family comes to bid him farewell. I am so happy and so sad at the same time. I will miss this young man He is the heart & soul of me, as are all my children but your baby seems to hold on a little tighter to your heart on some days..So I may not get to post much for a bit since hes home now and then we leave but I will keep a lookout for you all here Hugs at ya Cindy

post-17-1113355036_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   DSCF0046.JPGsmall.jpg (Size: 70.94 KB / Downloads: 0)

Heres one more we went to Sadies school to thank the kids for writing to the troops for me over the past couple years and to give them certificates so Taylor went along. It was great Sadie was shy....but it was great we visitied each class preschool through 8th grade. Taylor went o the same Catholic school so it was quite wonderful to see his teachers when they realized who he was..I am sorry for being such a Mom and showing pictures but I just cant seem to help myself. I m very proud of my youngins..

post-17-1113355534_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   Picture_012.jpg1.jpg (Size: 96.18 KB / Downloads: 0)

You never have to apologize for displaying your affections for your family. After all you are part of this family now! ;)

You must be very proud and yes, sad and happy at the same time. A juggle of emotions.

We will pray for his safe return and do enjoy your special time with him. He appears to be a very fine young man.

:pdt34:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

May God bless him and watch over him and his Mother !

Thanks guys. I am very proud of this boy of mine... Hes such a rock. One of those glue that holds the family together kind of guys. There seems to be a big void when hes not here, and not just for me. The entire household changes when hes here. But I am looking forward to our week in KY. I am hoping the next year goes as fast as this one did. Thanks again for your kind words and prayers Hugs at ya Cindy

There are people like that who just affect all those around them. He sounds like a gem and I can see why you would miss him so badly. Well one comforting thing, at least communications aren't like they were in WWII, where you might have to wait months for a reply.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I wish him and his buddies well. I hope and pray they will come through unscathed from their duty. I have all the respect for the men and women out there where it counts. If at all possible, keep us informed about his well being.

I am (irregularly) in contact with a Sgt of the 82nd A/B and he has been twice to Iraq and once to Afganistan by now!! :( In four years time.

Tell him that the tab is on me when he comes to Philly next year! And I do mean Nick's Roast Beef.

Thanks everyone. Tony you may be sorry for that the boy can eat....Here is an article from the local paper here. They did a pretty nice job. Hope you enjoy it.. Cindy

Thank you

By Steve Peterson

Taylor Schmit hugs Camille Michalski, one of his former teachers at St. Bede School in Ingleside, during a visit to the school to urge students to write letters to soldiers. Taylor will be heading to Iraq next month to serve in the Army.—Photo by Sandy Bressner

As Taylor Schmit entered several classrooms where he once sat, teachers gave him hugs and remembered when he was in a class of 10 eighth-graders at St. Bede School.

Schmit is preparing these days not for high school, but for defending the freedoms we all enjoy. His Army unit from Fort Campbell will be serving their country in Iraq.

“It’s great that he came back,†said teacher Dianne Schroeder.

“It means a lot to the soldiers. It helps them to have a connection with home,†Schmit said as he handed out certificates to students. The students were thanked for sending cards and letters to servicemen. “Fort Campbell is a pretty big place. People sign up for all kinds of reasons.â€

Schmit is looking forward to his new assignment, possibly in Baghdad. He has a college degree in education and hopes to be a high school history teacher.

“It is good to learn about other cultures, so you can break down the stereotypes. They’re people, just like us,†Schmit said.

He admitted, when asked by as student, that he is a little scared, but added he feels his training will assist him.

The 23-year-old Schmit, a graduate of Grant High School, visited the classes of teachers he had when he was at St. Bede, Camille Michalski and Avie Curran. One teacher has a son who is serving in Iraq.

Schmit’s mom, Cindy, said the letters from the students were a good effort and should keep coming. She sends them from Operation Care Package in New York.

St. Bede Principal Margaret Webb also said the project is a good one and students reacted well to seeing Schmit.

“Thank you for protecting our country, and thank you for helping other people beside yourself. I have two great uncles who were in the Air Force and a grandpa who was an explosive expert. Here is a part of a psalm for you, “For behold, your enemies raise a tumult and they who hate you lift up their heads. Against your people they plot, those whom you protect. They say, ‘come, let us destroy their nation,’ I am 9 years old and my brother who is 12 wants to be in the Air Force,†wrote one student.

“Thank you for fighting for our country. Do you ever get to go home and see your family? I feel really bad. You protect our country, and we appreciate it,†wrote another.

“I want to thank you for fighting for us, keep our country safe. I will pray for you each night and ask God to keep you safe. I hope you are not too lonely in Iraq, and I hope you have good food to eat,†wrote a second-grader.

“Thank you for going to war just for us. Everybody loves people who go to war just to give us freedom. You are the best. I hope you don’t get hurt a lot. I hope everyone can come home soon.â€

speterson@lakelandmedia.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hero's unwelcome Wounded Iraq vet jeered... Walt's Daughter 4 5,707 02-28-2011, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Clementine
  The 36th is coming home from Iraq Walt's Daughter 1 3,590 02-10-2011, 03:02 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  Navy SEAL cleared in Iraq abuse case Walt's Daughter 0 2,710 04-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Iraq Combat Footage: Look for America; Vietnam & World War 2 sixgun 0 3,051 08-21-2009, 06:34 AM
Last Post: sixgun
  Capt O'Brien in Iraq part II CaptO 30 29,280 06-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Last Post: 206thmpco
  U.S. Forces in Iraq Pay Tribute to Bataan Death March Victims Walt's Daughter 1 3,957 05-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Last Post: roque_riojas
  34th in Iraq CaptO 2 4,580 05-11-2009, 08:59 AM
  Officials Announce Upcoming Iraq, Afghanistan Deployments Walt's Daughter 0 2,647 03-02-2009, 09:36 PM
  Rugged in Iraq Walt's Daughter 0 2,839 01-17-2009, 07:27 PM
  Capt Todd in Iraq CaptO 29 28,589 01-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Last Post: janis337