Request for 82nd airborne info

This was sent to me by my friends, Jesse and Ellen. Jesse is a member of the 82nd; Korea, etc.

Hi,

We rec'd the following from Manny DeJesus, Executive Director of the 82nd. I'm don't know if you've already been contacted or not.

This is the letter they forwarded to me:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Most of you know me, but for overall consistency, a quick intro..... I am LTC Elizabeth Coble. While I have served in two Airborne units, I have never been assigned to the 82d, but I am a life member of the 82d Airborne Division Association. I have two masters degrees. My first one was in History. My specialty is 20th US Military History. I did my thesis on LTG James Gavin. I am currently a student at the U.S. Army War College. I wrote a Strategic Leadership paper on LTG Gavin for a recent class requirement.

I am doing my Strategy Research Paper (thesis equivalent) at the War College on Operation MARKET GARDEN, specifically the 82d's AO. I was also approved to do an Elective on 82d Veterans' Oral History of MARKET GARDEN.

It is my goal in these two projects to help capture more of the 82d's history, especially from Veterans who have not yet told their stories.

I am asking for your assistance in finding men who are still alive who participated MARKET GARDEN and would be willing to talk with me about it. I am also interested in any unpublished accounts of MARKET GARDEN that I could use. This could include audio or video tapes, handwritten notes or letters, or typed documents.

I am willing to travel to do interviews, if the Veteran is not willing to do a telephonic interview. I would also pay for any associated costs, like photocopying or audio tape copying, that may be required.

I can use the info and do the interviews through late February 2009. Then I would have to stop to be able to write my findings in time to meet the suspense date.

If you support this effort, request that you send this out to your 82d Veterans, Family and Friends members, or others who might be willing and able to help.

I apologize in advance if I am not sending this to all of the correct people. For example, I know that I should have sent this to Steve Frazier and Manny DeJesus, but I do not have their E:Mail addresses. Please forward as required.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Liz

LTC Elizabeth Coble

cell 703-344-4016

I can provide her email addy if anyone is interested

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Hi Marion. If I can be of any assistance to Elisabeth this side of the pond I'm willing to help. I also have a good

friend and fellow researcher in Holland, his name is Jan Bos and he is an expert on MARKET GARDEN and of course

the 82nd. We are both engaged at the moment in the WWII airborne campaigns. Me on glider operations.

If you send me Elisabeth's email addy I'm willing to contact her direct or leave it to you to pass on my details?

Colin. :wave:

:tank:

Elizibeth probably has seen these documents, or has access to the originals, but they may be of interest to Colin and others that are researching the 82nd or Market Garden. The docs can be found at www.american-divisions.com

82nd Airborne Division - Field Order No 11 13 September 1944

82nd Airborne Division Operation Market historical data

Administrative Order No. 1 to accompany Field Order No.12, 504th Parachute Infantry

Colin: I sent you her email addy. Can't wait to hear what transpires.
Marion J Chard

Marion. I've written to her and I'll let you know.

Colin.

Yvonne: It appears you hit the REPLY/Quote button and then forgot to post your own reply within before hitting the ADD REPLY button. This happens to many "newbies" and many experienced posters too. :armata_PDT_01:

There are two ways to reply:

1. Quoting a previous post then adding your own comment. You can add your own text before or after a QUOTE.

or

2. Simply adding your comments to the ongoing topic.

Just start typing...

I will remove your quoted post above and you can start over again.

post-2-0-66205600-1299240557_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   Reply opposed to reply quote.jpg (Size: 86.45 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cauquigny Church Stained Glass Project - 82nd A/B Walt's Daughter 2 5,394 07-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  82nd Airborne - revamped site Walt's Daughter 13 13,334 07-16-2009, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Ronald
  82nd Airborne. colinhotham 0 2,962 01-16-2009, 07:48 AM
Last Post: colinhotham
  Info on Italian campaign Walt's Daughter 27 63,000 04-17-2008, 10:57 AM
Last Post: roque_riojas
  Huebner - 82nd Airborne Walt's Daughter 5 7,138 11-05-2007, 05:29 PM
  Cletus J Shelton - 82nd Airborne Walt's Daughter 4 5,212 07-29-2006, 08:49 AM
  82nd Airborne Campaigns Walt's Daughter 8 403,169 04-01-2005, 04:01 PM