A Little Ardennes Tour

Somehow I managed to miss this post. What a shame, for the photos are A-1! The First picture of La Gleize area is just beautiful. Hard to believe so much hardship and death could occur there, for it looks so peaceful and tranquil.

I loved how they placed the names of soldiers on the stone wall.

Reg nice maps with arrows. It's cool that we can do things like that and show everyone the exact locations on terrain maps.

BTW, it's good to see you here Reg. :armata_PDT_01:

it's good to see you here Reg.

Same here !

Reg

Great pictures, Frank! Like Vee, I am jealous! The closest war related thing to tour in Georgia (the state I currently call home) is the Prison at Andersonville. As for me, I'm not much of an American Civil War enthusiast so I wouldn't be as excited about it as I would touring WWII and WWI battlesites.

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Great pictures, Frank! Like Vee, I am jealous! The closest war related thing to tour in Georgia (the state I currently call home) is the Prison at Andersonville. As for me, I'm not much of an American Civil War enthusiast so I wouldn't be as excited about it as I would touring WWII and WWI battlesites.

Capt O,

I encourage you to go to Andersonville. There is a museum dedicated to all prisoners of war located there. It is a beautiful place and very moving.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stand where they fought tour - The Battle in the Vosges 1944 paul torak 45 47,182 06-20-2011, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  The Ardennes with a BRO Veteran Big Pete 9 12,978 07-30-2009, 02:56 AM
Last Post: Jeeper704