Capt Todd in Iraq

Be safe, Captain and get back home in one piece.

Eventhough I never was in combat situations, I know what it feels to have a gun pointed at you and realizing it all can end in a second (won't go deeper into it, memory is too hurtful).

I'm glad I got out safely.

Erwin

Thanks to all for the well-wishes. I will probably not get off the FOB very often being a staff geek so it won't be quite as dangerous as it other-wise could be. Last time I was filling an infantry platoon commanders billet, now I am the assistant IT officer. The main threat you have on a FOB is indirect fire (mortars and rockets) but that threat has been minimized in the last few years in Al Anbar. I keep you all informed as to what is going on, of course. Talk to you later.

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Well folks, I have a date for departure. I should leave on (or about) the 29th of January. Hopefully, I will be able to get boots on ground in Kuwait before the 1st of February as that would get me all of January tax free! I will still have internet access so I will be able to be your eyes and ears on the ground in Iraq. Of course, I will be spending most of my time in Camp Lejeune forward (otherwise known as Al Asad air base) so I won't be actually out in the towns much as I was last time. That's what I get for being a tech-weenie. I will keep everybody updated as to what is going on although there won't be much to update until then. Next time I'll start a Capt Todd in Iraq part Deux topic.

God continue to bless you Todd. I look forward to hearing from you regardless of your longitude and latitude. It's great you take the time to check in and grace us with your insightful, interesting and often witty typewriter-tappings. :1028:

Speaking of techie, I need to send you an email with a question...One techie to another...

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Rgr. O3O standing by k.

If there are Combat Eningeers out there, just stay behind them

and you'll be OK. An old doggie said it.---- :armata_PDT_19:

I will await your news impatiently and from France you will always be in my thoughts and prayer .

Take care "ok"

Your Friend Vee :love7:

Todd, take care my friend, we`ll be holding down the fort for ya. Thank you for your service. Be keeping you in our prayers for a safe return.

It`ll be great to hear about what is realy going on in Iraq.

Rocky, i see there is a SEABEE compound on the base so along with any Marine engineers & MP`s Todd should be well protected.

post-304-1231295341_thumb.jpg

Engineering Aide 1st Class Scott Lyerla, assigned to Naval Mobile Construction Battalion One Five (NMCB-15) maintains security for his convoy with an M-60 machine gun

Attached Files
.jpg   220px_M60iraq2003.jpg (Size: 12.58 KB / Downloads: 0)

Todd,

Good luck to you, my friend, and may all be well. I am in awe of you guys who give up your personal freedom to serve our country. I wish I were young enough to go out and do my part as "Rosie, the Riverter" but they're not asking that of us these days. Too bad. Do, please stay in touch. It means an awful lot to those of us who have to stay behind.

Best regards,

Marilyn

This is my favorite photo. I'd love to fire one of those, though I reluctantly admit that I'm a tad bit old for the USMC, but I definitely have the spirit and tenacity for it. Gnarley vindictive biddie that I am. :14_6_3:

post-687-1231542955_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   Crazy_Haji_2.JPG (Size: 59.63 KB / Downloads: 0)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hero's unwelcome Wounded Iraq vet jeered... Walt's Daughter 4 5,626 02-28-2011, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Clementine
  The 36th is coming home from Iraq Walt's Daughter 1 3,553 02-10-2011, 03:02 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  Navy SEAL cleared in Iraq abuse case Walt's Daughter 0 2,684 04-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Iraq Combat Footage: Look for America; Vietnam & World War 2 sixgun 0 3,026 08-21-2009, 06:34 AM
Last Post: sixgun
  Capt O'Brien in Iraq part II CaptO 30 28,798 06-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Last Post: 206thmpco
  U.S. Forces in Iraq Pay Tribute to Bataan Death March Victims Walt's Daughter 1 3,919 05-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Last Post: roque_riojas
  34th in Iraq CaptO 2 4,526 05-11-2009, 08:59 AM
  Officials Announce Upcoming Iraq, Afghanistan Deployments Walt's Daughter 0 2,616 03-02-2009, 09:36 PM
  Rugged in Iraq Walt's Daughter 0 2,812 01-17-2009, 07:27 PM
  Marine Engineers in Iraq CaptO 0 2,984 09-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Last Post: CaptO