Capt Todd in Iraq

WOW! great photos CaptO!! I've always thought that the noise of war must be beyond any civilian ability to comprehend. Those M198 howitzers must get into your head after awhile.

Love the pic with you wearing shades :armata_PDT_25: :glasses: :glasses2: ! More proof that we not only have the very BEST military in the world - we also have the HANDSOMEST! :14_2_108:

mary ann

I've always thought that the noise of war must be beyond any civilian ability to comprehend. Those M198 howitzers must get into your head after awhile.

There are actually 50 foot lanyards that are for the larger charges (i.e. bigger propellants) vice the standard 3-4 foot ones. There are regulations that state how many of those larger charges you can take per day at least in peace time. The Concussion messes you up after too many of those a day.

Love the pic with you wearing shades :armata_PDT_25: :glasses: :glasses2: ! More proof that we not only have the very BEST military in the world - we also have the HANDSOMEST!

For the second time today, I'm blushing! Here is my wife's favorite from when I was gone:

More%20Kids%20at%20Shiekhs.JPG

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Love the pic with you wearing shades armata_PDT_25.gif glasses2.gif glasses9.gif ! More proof that we not only have the very BEST military in the world - we also have the HANDSOMEST!

I'll second that!!!

I can see why your wife loves the one above. It is too cute. Just look at those kids. That one's worth a million bucks. :wub:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Well, I got some good news the other day. I will only be in Iraq for only about 6 months vice 13. I feel like a slacker, but when it comes down to it, HQ Marine Corps calls the shots, and in this case - they want me to move summer of 09. It turns out that I have two things going on in my case that makes it so I have to move: I've been at Camp Lejeune since December of 03 (in 5 different units), and I have been in the operating forces (vice supporting like recruiting or HQMC in Quantico) for 9 1/2 years. Normally officers would have normally had 1 or 2 non-fleet Marine Force tours by where I am in my carrer. So anyway, the command here tried to stabilize me for the deployment so I would go for the whole time, but that failed.

Where I'll be going next summer, I'm not sure, but I will have to move as soon as I get back. Hopefully that won't add too much stress to the re-connection process. That's usually more stressful than one would think.

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Just keep your head down..kiddo.

As always, God bless and keep you safe. You are always in our thoughts.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

HANG TOUGH, CAPTAIN OBRIEN,

WITH ALL RESPECT-------SEMPRE FI !!!!! When you reach my age,

you will have some fond memories. Roque

I was very sad this morning while reading. :tearyeyed:

That you have to return to Iraq. Be very careful to you.

From France you will always be in my thoughts and prayer .

Vee :(

God Bless and protect you from all harm Captain O!!!!

Rest assured that you now have many new "VICORPS family" members praying for your safe & swift return.

mary ann

Todd,

these pictures are incredible!

thank you for serving and protecting our country.

-Frank

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hero's unwelcome Wounded Iraq vet jeered... Walt's Daughter 4 5,626 02-28-2011, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Clementine
  The 36th is coming home from Iraq Walt's Daughter 1 3,552 02-10-2011, 03:02 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  Navy SEAL cleared in Iraq abuse case Walt's Daughter 0 2,684 04-22-2010, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Iraq Combat Footage: Look for America; Vietnam & World War 2 sixgun 0 3,025 08-21-2009, 06:34 AM
Last Post: sixgun
  Capt O'Brien in Iraq part II CaptO 30 28,798 06-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Last Post: 206thmpco
  U.S. Forces in Iraq Pay Tribute to Bataan Death March Victims Walt's Daughter 1 3,919 05-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Last Post: roque_riojas
  34th in Iraq CaptO 2 4,526 05-11-2009, 08:59 AM
  Officials Announce Upcoming Iraq, Afghanistan Deployments Walt's Daughter 0 2,616 03-02-2009, 09:36 PM
  Rugged in Iraq Walt's Daughter 0 2,812 01-17-2009, 07:27 PM
  Marine Engineers in Iraq CaptO 0 2,984 09-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Last Post: CaptO