Papa Art is gone...

Here's a photo I took at Don Burgett's house four years ago. I took this of Papa and Don. It has a lot of special meaning to me.

ArtMandDonB.jpg

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I am doing this for Chuck, here is his wonderful idea.

Mare; I have a special request. I have asked Toni & Terri to keep their dads computer on so that whoever on your forum would care to tell "Papa Art" in just a few words how they enjoyed him thru the years, it would be a uplift to his daughters. I do believe that his involvement in emailing kept him going. It was his window. I thought I should ask you if it would be OK to put it on "shooting The Breeze" along with his email address.

chuck

I have posted this request on WBG's forum and Don Burgett's.

Here are links to their forums, so Toni and Terry and the whole family can see all the condolences posted there too.

WBG's forum

Don Burgett's Forum

Marion J Chard

I am planning on sending an arrangement from all of us. If anyone would like to make a small donation towards flowers, I will be happy to handle the purchase and delivery to the family. Please note, I realize that not everyone can do this, and that is totally fine. Any money in excess will be donated to the charity of the Morneweck's choice.

Thanks my friends,

M1

Marion J Chard

A photo of Papa Art and his brother, Robert.

post-2-1217189370_thumb.gif

post-2-1217189415_thumb.png

post-2-1217189446_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.gif   artw.gif (Size: 11.29 KB / Downloads: 0)
.png   robertm.png (Size: 101.24 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   RobertsFriends2.jpg (Size: 35.38 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

I'm so sorry to hear this. It's hard to believe that I won't be getting anymore emails from him. I enjoyed him so very much. His presence here was truly a blessing for us all.

Brooke

Yes, Brooke: It is hard to believe. I hope many will take the time to read his posts in the Papa Art section, if they haven't already done so.
Marion J Chard

As I stated over on WBG.com, I'll never be able to look at another AT6 and not think of some of the great stories Mr. Morneweck was kind enough to share with all of us. Sleep well, Mr. Morneweck...

Chuck , Marion & family . I am sorry for your loss. Papa Art was a blessing to all who personally knew him or got to know him online. God Bless those of you that brought him to us . I know you made his world brighter, which added hoy to ours.I will miss his emails.

Godspeed Papa Art.

I am planning on sending an arrangement from all of us. If anyone would like to make a small donation towards flowers, I will be happy to handle the purchase and delivery to the family. Please note, I realize that not everyone can do this, and that is totally fine. Any money in excess will be donated to the charity of the Morneweck's choice.

Thanks my friends,

M1

CHECK IS ON THE WAY FROM K.C. KS. Rocky

Memorial Day '07 :

On this day I tried to re-unite our beloved Papa Art with his brother Robert at the Margraten Cemetery in the Netherlands . ( see pics )

I shall miss his presence , his humor and friendship ....

Now they are forever reunited and may the lord take his soul and guide our friend to the best spot in heaven , next to his Mickey and Robert !

I would like to share these pics with Art's family and friends and everyone he loved and I'll promise to take good care for Robert's place for the rest of my life .

Arthur , I'll miss you !

Reg

DSC_0223.jpgKopievanMargraten270507006.jpgKopievanMargraten270507009.jpgMargraten270507007.jpg

Margraten270507010-1.jpg

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Farewell Henry Papa - 36th Combat Engineer Walt's Daughter 1 3,188 09-18-2007, 08:40 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  RIP = Henry Papa 36th Combat Engineer Walt's Daughter 0 2,176 06-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Papa Art in hospital Walt's Daughter 5 6,036 03-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Last Post: rennog