Papa Art is gone...

Just wanted to thank everyone who sent in donations for the flowers. I received the last donation today, which left us with an extra $20.00 above and beyond the total of $62.99 (cost of flowers/plant). That includes a contribution from yours truly.

So I am making a donation in our names to the Parkinson's Foundation. I will post the receipt here when I get a confirmation. Wanted to make sure I was keeping this legit with everyone.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Here's the confirmation received from Pay Pal to the Parkinson's Foundation of Michigan. His daughter Toni will receive a letter letting her know of the gift.

Donation Details

Confirmation number: 06W40726GF290292J

Donation amount: $20.00 USD

Total: $20.00 USD

Purpose: Donation

Reference: b83d1f9e-146b-40fb-bf3b

Contributor: Marion Chard

Recipient information

Donations coordinator: Michigan Parkinson Foundation

Marion J Chard

I only knew Papa Art thru the many e-mails he and I exchanged for the few years we had together.

He got me to join Marion's WW2 Engineer web site. I was an Engineer in Korea in

1951-52 and had many experiences during that time of War, or Police Action as some refer to the "Forgotten War".

Papa Art's own experiences were unique as he started out as flying for the Army and suddenly was shiffted to the Infantry.

But he did, as a lot of us, his thing for the service of our Country and we all thank him for that and now he is, at last, with his beloved wife where there is no more pain, only happiness!

God Bless you Papa Art

post-135-1217878537_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   Art_as_a_cadet_f.jpg (Size: 65.2 KB / Downloads: 0)

Dear Jack:

Just got home from a very long day floating down the Rifle River on tubes with our family. Needless to say, I am a bit burnt out and tired, but had a grand day!

But wanted to state how happy I am to see your successful post. Keep 'em coming my Korean vet buddy. :armata_PDT_37:

Marion J Chard

I always loved to read his stories on the WWII Vet board and after that the WWII went down, I loved to read them on this board his joke's and to read how he meat his wife etc. .

Thank you and rest in Peace Art.

Martin

It's been a while since I've posted, and I really don't quite know how to say what I feel. Papa Art is still heavily on my mind. I never would have believed that anyone could work his way into my small private world like he did. But he did. And now I have to say goodbye to my older brotherwho was near 90 and legally blind & deaf. He was on oxygen when he lit a cigarette. His face was severel burned,. but the worst was to his breathing tubes down into his lungs. last Saturday he succumbed. they kept him going until his son Bill could come to be with him, then they turned the machine off.He lived way out in Nevada, so back here we could only hope and pray. I thank GOD he called him home.

Give me time and I will be back messing things up on Marions site just like Art & I were so good at doing.

Take care to you all

chuck

Good to have you back, sir.
Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Farewell Henry Papa - 36th Combat Engineer Walt's Daughter 1 3,196 09-18-2007, 08:40 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  RIP = Henry Papa 36th Combat Engineer Walt's Daughter 0 2,179 06-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Papa Art in hospital Walt's Daughter 5 6,053 03-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Last Post: rennog