Rocky at Veteran's recognition baseball game

Glad you had a good time at the game Rocky!!!! :armata_PDT_37:

Looking forward to your pictures!

We've been having a weird summer here in Mass with LOTS of rain.

For weeks we've been getting constant thunderstorms. It feels like those old horror movies or an episode of "Dark Shadows" with constant thunder & lightening.

The lawns & gardens are flourishing (and the weeds). All my roses are blooming like mad

and the main garden is glorious with tall purple, lilac, pink, and white phlox. I have a huge number of mid season daylilies in bloom - tall yellow Hyperion (an old reliable & fragrant daylily), "Catherine Woodbury', "Strawberry Candy", small Siloam "Baby Talk" , tall peach daylilies, and - new to the garden this year - a great mid size called "French Tudor". My late season plants are already sending up tons of scapes (6-8 per plant) & have reached 4-5' tall. For you gardeners, this is a great variety called "Challenger" which will really extend the season & bloom till October. The red daylilies look fabulous planted with tall deep blue asters.

I always start getting depressed when the summer begins to wane. At the peak of the season, there's always something new blooming in the garden & I hate it when

you see the garden begin to die back. It also means that I'll have a TON of work to do, putting the garden to bed and moving many shrubs & perennials to new locations (and adding new ones to fill the spaces left behind), overseeding & fertilizing the lawn, mulching, and wintering over some of the potted plants.

Gee! How'd I get off into this gardening tangent???

Erwin - how about those RED SOX!!!??? The Boston Herald had a big photo of Manny Ramirez with the headline: "Man-ny Overboard" :lol: The fans are sure loving the new guy Jason Bay. He got an UNBELIEVABLE standing O from the Fenway Faithful in his first at bat in a Red Sox uniform.

mary ann

K.C. ROYALS ARE HOST TO THE BOSTON RED SOX,,THREE (3), NIGHT GAMES.

STARING TONIGHT 7PM. Rocky from Kc

Please let me know what the results are. Thank you. :armata_PDT_37:

I can't see it, only soccer and cycling on these channels here. :banghead:

Back in 1990, I watched a game between Boston Red Sox and the (Baltimore?) Orioles live in Boston when I stayed with Jim Ferullo (26th Division Veteran).

Red Sox lost.

But it was great watching it without "fans" trying to knock the other one's head in like they sometimes do here with soccer games.

Erwin

That sounded very redneck until you got to "English Garden" :lol:

Still think you need an English gardener.... Mam..... :armata_PDT_01:

KC beat the Sox 4-3 last night. Rocky - I hear the weather is still hot there. Should be another great night for a baseball game.

Erwin,

Glad you were able to visit one of the greatest "shrines" in baseball: "Fenway Park".

I was 9 yrs old when I went to my first Red Sox game & I still get a thrill whenever I walk up the ramp and see the field.

I wish I'd known you back in 1990, one of my MANY, MANY cousins was working for the Red Sox ticket office back then & I'd have made sure you got the best seats!

Hope you got to the other Red Sox shrine: the "Cask N Flagon". :drinkin: :drinkin:

http://www.casknflagon.com/about1.htm

My cousins Jack & Jimmy were bartenders and bouncers there in the 1970s & 1980s.

Whenever I was there , both of them would watch over me like mother hens. If they

suspected anyone of getting "fresh" with me - out they'd go! Ha!! :lol:

mary ann

Still think you need an English gardener.... Mam..... :armata_PDT_01:

Okay, will have a "spot-o-tea" waiting for ye mate. Well, okay, a few mugs of beer! Hope you're not allergic to the great outdoors! :drinkin:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

ERWIN-------K.C. ROYALS 4 RED SOX 3 GAME BLANKED OUT ON TV.. ROCKY

Thanks for the heads up, sir.

I had hoped for a better result though. :armata_PDT_01:

Erwin

Thanks for the heads up, sir.

I had hoped for a better result though. :armata_PDT_01:

Erwin

Erwin--BETTER RESULTS FOR YOU,SECOND GAME RED SOX 8 ROYALS 2

RUBBER GAME TONITE Rocky

Aaaaah, that's more like it! :armata_PDT_37::armata_PDT_37::armata_PDT_37:

Erwin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Veteran's Site Walt's Daughter 0 2,952 11-16-2014, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  veteran's discounts Walt's Daughter 0 3,684 10-27-2010, 08:25 PM
  A plea for help for veteran Walt's Daughter 0 3,453 02-05-2010, 06:01 PM
  Veteran's Day parades in America Walt's Daughter 0 3,275 11-09-2009, 12:36 AM
  Vets Eat Free at Applebees on Veteran's Day Walt's Daughter 1 4,383 10-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Last Post: roque_riojas
  Veteran's Appreciation 3_7_I_Recon 0 3,832 03-27-2009, 10:49 PM
Last Post: 3_7_I_Recon
  Veteran's Day November 11 2008 Walt's Daughter 5 7,299 11-11-2008, 10:06 AM
Last Post: roque_riojas
  Subject: What is a veteran? Walt's Daughter 4 6,460 11-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Jeeper704
  Veteran's lecture Kansas City MO Nov 13, 2008 Walt's Daughter 2 5,247 10-27-2008, 10:59 AM
  Rt 9 Veteran's Forum Walt's Daughter 0 3,209 10-27-2008, 09:51 AM