292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member)

What a wonderful addition to this topic. Thank you for sharing with all of us.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

On 1/23/2019 at 3:54 PM, seggleston said:

Last names (forgive me if I get spellings wrong as these were given to me a long time ago)

Front row (L to R): Whittamore Schutz Copeland Oconnor Gilge Johnson Seagram Macari Dunning Marusama Rotramel Cooper 

Center: Perry Johnson Cook Howell Assimus Morrison Siegal Long Eggleston Gomaz Kobek Lavolis 

Third row: Titus Martin Pavalae Calvert Gonzebaum Belatt Walter Wagener Schilz Prochasta Larocco Trenary Richty

On the back of my grandfather's picture are these signatures:

Robert Jennings

Samuel Morrison

Lawrence Titus

John H. Martin

Garland Ritchie

John Prochazta

Floyd Cook

Martin J. Kobach

Keith Slagle

Earl Perry

Louis Gomez

J. Cooper

Bernard Kaplan

Herbert A. Seagram

Kendall J. Whittemore

Harold W. Johnson

John W. LaRocco

J. E. Johnson

Richard C. Long

Charles M. Trenary

Robert H. Calvert

Gerald Schulz

Arthur F. Walters

Alfred Wagner

John H. Pavelec

Elmer Gilge

E. J. Rotramel 

Arthur N. Schultz

Jessie E. Dunning

Absent - Tony L. Ferreira

John A. Macari

John Levolis 

Daniel A. O'Connor 

Charles Assimus

V. Gansibom

Carlton Shiller

Harold Buenger

Ralph Q. Hosley

Kenneth E. Balch

Edward J. Eggleston

20190123_162610.jpg

15482803722804404366051813092695.jpg

15482804262526322645225405083765.jpg

15482804546893815945301374461074.jpg

What a great photograph Sam, thanks so much for sharing it with us here. Going by the number of men in the scene it would seem to be a platoon photo. Having all the names and signatures of the soldiers makes it an even more special family treasure. I assume you have noticed from the thread that one of the men in the photo, Vernon Gansebom, just passed away this past September. There are quite a few names here that are not on the Company B roster that I'm working on, always nice to find new information. Thanks again Sam for sharing this with us and look forward to anything else you may want to add. Have a good one!

Randy 

On 1/23/2019 at 4:04 PM, seggleston said:

This is a panoramic shot from my phone. I will have to figure out how to get it scanned hi res for you guys. 

At the bottom is reads: Co. B 292nd Engineers Combat Battalion 

Camp Butner, NC May 19, 1944

Herman Webel 1st Lt. Commanding 

20190123_170109.jpg

This is awesome Sam! Where is your grandfather located in the picture? Here is a picture posted on the Camp Butner Society's Facebook page showing the two other 292nd ECB panoramic photos on display. 

No photo description available.

The Company B panoramic would be a great addition alongside it's 292nd brothers!

Randy

Hello to all.  My apologies for having been gone for way too long.  Taking care of my elderly grandmother happily took up most of my time over a number of years and all of my time over the last year and a half. Alas, she passed away on Feb 13th at 103 and is now in a better place bringing smiles and good will to all she encounters there just as she did while here.

Hopefully, we can revitalize this thread and continue to document the 292nd as we had started in the past.  I will be on periodically and that should grow as things concerning my grandmother are taken care of.  Thanks so much for your patience concerning my absence.

Gary

Gary L. Gates

Proud Grandson of Randall Gates
Mechanic, A and H&S Companies, 292nd Engineer Combat Battalion, 1149th Engineer Combat Group

Dear Gary, sorry for your loss. That was very sweet of you to look after the care of your grandmother. God bless her for living such a long life. I hope that most of it was very happy. Good to have you back. Talk with you again shortly when things settle to a simmer. 

Smiles, M1

Marion J Chard

18 hours ago, sirgator said:

Hello to all.  My apologies for having been gone for way too long.  Taking care of my elderly grandmother happily took up most of my time over a number of years and all of my time over the last year and a half. Alas, she passed away on Feb 13th at 103 and is now in a better place bringing smiles and good will to all she encounters there just as she did while here.

Hopefully, we can revitalize this thread and continue to document the 292nd as we had started in the past.  I will be on periodically and that should grow as things concerning my grandmother are taken care of.  Thanks so much for your patience concerning my absence.

Gary

Very sorry to hear of your loss, God bless.

Randy

Hello everyone. Today I would like to share the 292nd ECB Company B roster that I have been working on. I have updated it to include Sam Eggleston's grandfathers name but have not yet added the other names he has provided with the group photograph, will do this in time. Some notes about the rosters I have compiled, these names are men that have belonged to the unit at one point or another, does not imply that they spent their entire military service with unit. There are cases where some members were transferred to other companies within the 292nd, in such cases their names will appear on both rosters. The rank shown is what I have documentation for, their final rank at the end time of service certainly could be different from what is listed. I tried to be as accurate as possible, the information was gathered from multiple sources and I may have made errors in the final product, for any mistakes I apologize. If you spot errors or omissions please let me know, definitely want to get it right.

Have a good one everybody!

Randy

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion Company B Roster.xls

Attached Files
.xls   292nd Engineer Combat Battalion Company B Roster.xls (Size: 31.5 KB / Downloads: 0)

That is wonderful news. I know everyone involved with the 292nd will be delighted to have this at their fingertips. 

Marion J Chard

On 3/12/2019 at 6:13 AM, Walt's Daughter said:

Dear Gary, sorry for your loss. That was very sweet of you to look after the care of your grandmother. God bless her for living such a long life. I hope that most of it was very happy. Good to have you back. Talk with you again shortly when things settle to a simmer. 

Smiles, M1

Marion,

Thanks so much for your kind words.  My grandmother was a wonderful person and I will live the rest of my life with her as a guide along with my father and grandfather.  Your words concerning my grandmother were very kind and went straight to my heart.

Talk to you soon,

Gary

Gary L. Gates

Proud Grandson of Randall Gates
Mechanic, A and H&S Companies, 292nd Engineer Combat Battalion, 1149th Engineer Combat Group

Good morning everybody! Today I'm posting the roster for Company A. Have collected 144 names for Company A, more than any of the four companies from the 292nd. Keep in mind though that all the rosters are still a work in progress.

Take care,

Randy

292nd Engineer Combat Battalion Company A Roster.xls

Attached Files
.xls   292nd Engineer Combat Battalion Company A Roster.xls (Size: 35 KB / Downloads: 0)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  160th Engineer Combat Battalion WW II ( new member) Joe Miga 119 139,556 01-27-2024, 03:45 PM
Last Post: glen blasingim
  Hello Everyone 257th Combat Engineer rvermar 2 3,492 09-24-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: BRosen21
  283rd Engineer Combat Battalion (Grandson) 283rdCombatEngineers 3 5,089 06-12-2019, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  1264th Engineer Combat Battalion John 48 59,649 05-28-2019, 12:02 PM
  Great Grandson of WWII Combat Engineer Brendan 1 3,164 10-23-2018, 01:07 PM
  Daughter of an Engineer William (nmi) Carr in the 291st Co B Combat Engineers Hello Everone! blueshockeynut 34 27,392 07-27-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Curlock
  Robert E Waters 291st Combat Engineer Bn golfersa 2 4,088 06-09-2018, 09:41 AM
Last Post: golfersa
  Hello All. Grandson of 292nd Combat Engineer here, Introducing myself. Joel 18 17,428 06-22-2016, 06:26 PM
Last Post: buk2112
  Hello everyone from new member malcal1211 Saddleblanket 8 7,878 08-09-2015, 06:19 AM
  405th Engineer Water Supply Battalion Lloyd 2 8 15,859 06-17-2015, 03:39 PM