292nd Engineer Combat Battalion (New Member)

What a great story! And Marion we all know you are a VERY VERY SPECIAL person! Your Dad is so proud of you!

And like these folks, I am very very blessed that you came into my life!

Jean

Awww, you know how to make a girl blush. Thank you for your vote of confidence. I feel lucky to have ALL of you in my life.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Lisa.... ..Great photo of A co. you can count me as to wanting copy, just let me know how to go about getting a copy. Randy told you of finding your father in laws name and address. He also found my fathers name and address in his grandfathers address book so that could mean that my father and you father in law also maybe knew each other. That we will never know for sure Ralph

As they say, there is strength in numbers. Our fathers, grandfathers and uncles are all proud of our joint efforts! We are keeping the history alive and educating the generations!

Well said, Marion! Short and to the point and very eloquent. Thanks to all of you and I hope with all that we have in common relating to keeping the spirit and sacrifices of these men alive and documented that I can count you all as true friends. :)

Gary L. Gates

Proud Grandson of Randall Gates
Mechanic, A and H&S Companies, 292nd Engineer Combat Battalion, 1149th Engineer Combat Group

Hey Gary: I noticed that you are a photographer. Very cool. Lee and I used to have our own darkroom when we lived in Detroit. That was so much fun. Now everything is digital. I started off the old-fashioned way. Still have all our old SLR's and and even a twin-reflex Rollei. That camera took the most beautiful photographs. The last time i used it was to do a photo shoot for a ten-year old girl, years ago and the images were so sharp. Nothing beat it.

Still saving up to buy a DSLR. Right now just using a run of the mill digital Canon, but it gets me by until then.

Anyway, don't want to get too off the beaten track, but wanted to address that.

Marion J Chard

HI Marion,

Do you happen to have the e-mail address of Pete Belmonte, the gentleman that started this thread. If you do would you , being the kind lady that you are, mind dropping him a line and see if he would like to come in and join us? He has not been on the forum in a long time, but I'm betting dollar to donuts that if he knew of all the folks and info that is gathering here on the 292nd he would be most interested. Thanks Marion for all that you do.

Randy

No guarantees, but I just sent him an email. Hope it goes through. Let's see what happens.

Signed,

Kind Lady

Marion J Chard

Hello everyone, I'm back. I started this thread, and now had to scramble to keep up! Randy said he has a Company C photo coming; I'd love to see that since my uncle was in Company C. How many of us 292nd researchers are on here, anyway?

Thanks,

Pete

Hey Pete!

Welcome to the party buddy, glad you could make it! Counting you, I believe we now have six 292nd researchers on board Marion"s ship here, which is way cool. See you are retired Air Force, thank you for your service to our country. I read your Italian Americans book a few years back, kudos, enjoyed it. See you have written another work, I'll have to check that out. I have not received the Company C photo as of yet but am expecting it any day. I will definitely get it posted to the thread when I do. I'm in the process of sending all the 292nd documents to Gary the photog wizard, who is going to scan them and make them easily available to everyone. Who knows, maybe with all the materials, photos, and oral histories etc. everyone is contributing here it might be the makings of another book(hint,hint). Glad you joined us Pete, look forward to more correspondence with everyone. Thanks Marion for contacting Pete, your a gem!

Randy

Welcome back Pete. What a treat. This thread has now gone full circle. So glad that your email was still functioning. I was surprised to hear back from you so quickly. :waving:

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  160th Engineer Combat Battalion WW II ( new member) Joe Miga 119 139,995 01-27-2024, 03:45 PM
Last Post: glen blasingim
  Hello Everyone 257th Combat Engineer rvermar 2 3,539 09-24-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: BRosen21
  283rd Engineer Combat Battalion (Grandson) 283rdCombatEngineers 3 5,128 06-12-2019, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  1264th Engineer Combat Battalion John 48 59,834 05-28-2019, 12:02 PM
  Great Grandson of WWII Combat Engineer Brendan 1 3,193 10-23-2018, 01:07 PM
  Daughter of an Engineer William (nmi) Carr in the 291st Co B Combat Engineers Hello Everone! blueshockeynut 34 27,529 07-27-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Curlock
  Robert E Waters 291st Combat Engineer Bn golfersa 2 4,114 06-09-2018, 09:41 AM
Last Post: golfersa
  Hello All. Grandson of 292nd Combat Engineer here, Introducing myself. Joel 18 17,511 06-22-2016, 06:26 PM
Last Post: buk2112
  Hello everyone from new member malcal1211 Saddleblanket 8 7,932 08-09-2015, 06:19 AM
  405th Engineer Water Supply Battalion Lloyd 2 8 15,911 06-17-2015, 03:39 PM