Col Hugh M. Connors, USA (Ret) 540th C.E.

Marion,

I just returned from a trip to Idaho to visit my mother Mary Lou Connors Lynch (78) and we opened my grandfathers truck. She gave me his service record and I had little time to look at it. I told my parents I would look into any info concerning the 540th . You were the best result after a Google search. I know my grandfather was involved in the landings in North Africa, Sicily, Italy and Anzio. He later commanded a Regiment and went across Europe with Patton. I did see his name in your list of awardees. My grandfather, Col Hugh M. Connors, USA (Ret) died in 1976 but my mother may have additional info.

I’ll try to get though the papers and scan any documents that may be of interest.

My name is Rick Lynch and I live in Woodbridge, VA.

Respectfully, Rick Lynch

=========================

Marion,

Attached are copies of a few documents. I have two files of documents that were most likely from my grandfathers service record. There are documents about missing binoculars, boy scout visit, bronze arrowhead certificates, punishment for AW104 for a 2nd Lt, memo from Lt Col Kasper, promotions, etc.

After Anzio my grandfather took command of the 1270th engineers and went across Europe with Gen Patton, I believe that is why his documents from the 540th end in 1944.

Are you interested in copies? If so I will make pdf copies and send them when I get time.

Respectfully, Rick Lynch

==========

Marion's note: Placed the docs on this page:

http://www.6thcorpscombatengineers.com/540th.htm

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hugh C Ryan - served in engineer port battalions/companies Walt's Daughter 1 2,962 03-25-2015, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Lieutenant Colonel Hugh.M.Connor - 540th Walt's Daughter 1 4,079 01-05-2006, 02:00 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter