351st General Service Regiment

Oh okay, just wanted to make sure you were aware of the dupes.

And yes, I will PM you right now with my email address. If you are going to email them instead of placing them on a disk, then I suggest sending them as zipped file content.

Thanks

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

OK, I have in hand the Regimental Photographers Photo Album and Colonel Bell's too. Just need to figure out the best way to get everybody some. I think I am going to make a call tonight to 1 of the only guys I know that is still alive form the 351st.

YEAH. Let us know what transpires during the conversation.

Marion J Chard

Just received this via my Engineer Gallery, this weekend:

My father was in the Co B 351st Engineers General Service Regiment, Elmer Napier, and i found a forum while searching for info and seen where you and a "van" were discussing the 351st and "van" had attached a few pictures of his grandfather Wade Huber. I looked at the pictures and found that I have some of the same pictures that had belonged to my father. I just would like to contact "van" if possible.

Van, I am forwarding this to you, along with Robert's email addy. You can contact him directly.

Marion J Chard

Here's the link to Van's grandfather's photo page:

Wade Huber -351st Engineer General Service Regiment

Marion J Chard

Hello, to all those who maybe looking for information on the 351st GSR. I have just about everything you may ever want to know. I have the entire collection of those service members of this unit. My Grandpa was with this unit and all of the men made a pact to meet every year after the war for a reunion held over Labor day weekend in Mansfield Ohio. I went to these reunions with them and knew most all of the men personally. They were a wonderful group that I respect very much. If you had a family member with this unit, I probably have something you might like. I have boxes of photos, videos, histories, etc. As a member passed away the family donated it to the original veteran who started the reunion so that a members could still look at them. All of this came to me after the last veteran passed away. Their are a few members of the 351st still around though and I have been in contact with some.

Hello Joel, My father in law is Joe O. Jaime and he was in Company C of the 351st GSR. He is 88 years old and still going strong. I wonder if maybe you have some pictures of him in your collection? He was there from the beginning, building the air fields in England and Eisenhowers HQ. He told me a story of a private Duggar being killed by an American plane that was flown by a German pilot. I know that he was awarded 3 Bronze Stars but I don't know the stories behind them. If you would, could you please see if you have anything such as pictures or anything that mentions him? If you need any more information about him, I can provide that. Thank you for any help.

Can't believe I missed this one. I am playing CATCH-UP with all my correspondence this week. I'm more than a month behind on many... Sigh! But I'm here today.

Welcome to the forum and a big hello and Merry Christmas to Joe. Happy to hear he is still going strong. Looking forward to chatting with you.

All the best...

Marion J Chard

My name is Rick and I have joined to share and request info related to my wife's father who served with the 351st GSR during WWII. His name was George W. Schaefer and I believe he was with Company C, but I would like to verify that. One item we have is a large group photo taken at Camp White Oregon showing about 175 men in dress uniforms. Not only is it a good photo, but it has the last names (and some ranks) of each man hand written on the back side. The 1st Sgt was named "Jarr". Another man named is "Duggar", who I believe was killed when strafed on Dec 25, 1944. Since the picture is large, I will look into the best way to send and post it later. One question I have is about how the regiment was organized. I think there were companies A-F, but I don't know how to determine the makeup of company, nor which companies were in which battalions. Does someone have a list of the commanders of these units?

Thanks,

Rick

Hey Rick, thanks for joining our forum. You can also contact any other forum member if u are logged in by sending them a personal message (PM) via their underlined username.

Yes, they would have had six line companies, plus an HQ and Service Co. Companies A thru C are 1st Bn, while companies D thru F would be 2nd Bn. Hope that helps.

Would love to see some of your collection too. If u want, u could send pics, etc., to me on disk and I could add them to the website.

Marion J Chard

I decided to attach this photo of the group (Company C?) since it's less then 1MB. I will post the image with the names later. The other photos we have are not yet scanned.

Rick

Hey Rick, thanks for joining our forum. You can also contact any other forum member if u are logged in by sending them a personal message (PM) via their underlined username.

Yes, they would have had six line companies, plus an HQ and Service Co. Companies A thru C are 1st Bn, while companies D thru F would be 2nd Bn. Hope that helps.

Would love to see some of your collection too. If u want, u could send pics, etc., to me on disk and I could add them to the website.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  351st Engineers, Company E, 2nd Battalion KLP 1 3,370 10-02-2019, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  343rd Engineer General Service Regiment hwhiting 51 57,529 03-22-2019, 11:19 AM
Last Post: CaptO
  41st Engineer Regiment. colinhotham 17 20,605 05-08-2018, 12:48 AM
Last Post: Richard
  359th General Service Regiment Walt's Daughter 12 24,345 03-10-2018, 09:50 AM
  38th Engineer General Service Regiment Jeff B. 13 18,235 04-22-2017, 10:57 AM
  Info on Milton Brodsky and 346th Engineer General Service Regiment Walt's Daughter 0 4,133 02-18-2016, 12:26 PM
  Military Railway Service angatti 6 8,277 02-14-2016, 11:06 PM
  Paul Meek - 368th Engineer General Service Regiment Walt's Daughter 1 5,016 11-04-2014, 06:40 AM
Last Post: colinhotham
  General Moses and the Pontoon Bridge Walt's Daughter 2 4,395 01-15-2014, 09:56 AM
  special service engineers & rail engineers Ron Nash 17 586,882 11-15-2012, 10:43 AM