WWII Paraphernalia

Wow wow !! very nice collection you have there !! :D

V ;)

Okay, now that I've time to drool over the Luger again!!! Nice collection there Todd! But, "Mom, what the hell did you do with my dad's Luger?" Man, I am still looking for that thing four decades later... sigh!

Oh, well, at least I can enjoy yours vicariously!

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Very Nice German Hunter's Dagger too!

Dogdaddy :woof:

:glasses2: VERY cool, Capt O!

M1 - I went looking for the German luger I remember Dad having when we were kids.

I searched EVERYWHERE in the house, but couldn't find it. Mom insisted: "your father did NOT have a gun!" (oh yea???)

I remember being with my brother looking at Dad's WWII box in the attic and seeing it

along with Nazi flags, hats, and a helmet. All the other things are there - but no luger.

Frank probably got rid of it before we blabbed about it to Helen. ;)

I think our moms were in on the conspiracy M2. "This will drive our daughters nuts in later life..." It is mom, it is! :pdt12:
Marion J Chard

Our Moms must have been on the same party line. :) My dad gave away a luger and a .25 berretta. I think my Mom did not want them around the house with 2 young boys .

Nice stuff Todd, and good pictures .

good pictures .

Thanks. I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in photography so I suppose it should be at least a decent attempt. It's not my best work but I did what I could with the tools at hand. My medium of choice was large format (4x5 inch film) but the industry has moved past film now. So I have a great camera but no easy way to use it. You every try to get odd sized negatives processed in a place like Jacksonville, NC?

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

We still have an array of cameras including an old Rolleiflex Automat 6x6, which still works great. We don't use it that often, but it's there for the taking. Still have our darkroom equipment, and if we ever get our garage built...

I love the ease of digitals, for they are great for instant access and a wonderful tool for sharing photos on Ebay, etc., but NOTHING takes a photo like an old-fashioned film camera. When digitals were first coming out, a friend of ours argued that digitals would produce an even better image than film. My husband said to him, no way because you are dealing with PIXELS, and film is on a molecular level. You can't argue with molecules.

Of course digitals have come a long way, but...

I've included an image of the model we have. This is one I copied from Rollei's site. I didn't feel like digging through my camera stuff this morning. :pdt12:

post-2-1215606321_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   007_Rolleiflex_Automat_6x6_1951_1954.jpg (Size: 43.06 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

Here's my two: a Graphlex Super Speed Graphic and a Yashica LM (for light meter.)

post-449-1215650192_thumb.jpg

post-449-1215650213_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   4x5_sm.JPG (Size: 320.52 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   twin_lens_sm.JPG (Size: 337.41 KB / Downloads: 0)
Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien
Awesome camera collection there Todd. These are worth bragging about! Was just showing my husband a few minutes ago too. Makes me want to go out and get some large format b&w film and take photos at our upcoming family reunion. Now I've got the bug. :D
Marion J Chard