Search for 326th AEB, "Bill" Shaw

I am trying to find information about an grand uncle who died in 1979. He was a paratroop engineer dropped into Normandy in the early hours of June 6th 1944. His service record was destroyed in the archive fire, all the government had was his last pay voucher. I have seen a similar name on a roster compiled by George Koskimaki in regards to the 326th AEB, company B in the Market Garden campaign. It was listed as "PVT----Shaw" (or shav). Since "Bill" was not his real name, which was Paskell Shaw, I can see how confusion could exist. I need to know if he was in that battalion, I want to write up his story for publication if there is any story. What he says he did- Bridges and demolition, parachute engineer, sure sounds like the 326th. If so, he has one hell of an untold story. No one lives other than me to say anything.

Hi:

So glad you stopped by. I am going to send you George Koskimaki's address and phone number, so you can contact him. Please let him know I sent you. You mentioned going to Wilber's website, in your email to me. Did you contact Doug yourself? Let me know.

I hope I will be able to assist you. My best to you in your dedicated search.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Hi Ladd, NARA`s AAD website lists an enlistment record for a Paskell Shaw, i dont know if this would be your uncle or not. In the meantime, i`ll see what i can find on the 326th with the 101st AB

ARMY SERIAL NUMBER 38169177

NAME SHAW#PASKELL############

RESIDENCE: STATE 83 NEW MEXICO

RESIDENCE: COUNTY 009 CURRY

PLACE OF ENLISTMENT 8365 SANTA FE NEW MEXICO

DATE OF ENLISTMENT DAY 02

DATE OF ENLISTMENT MONTH 11

DATE OF ENLISTMENT YEAR 42

GRADE: ALPHA DESIGNATION PVT

GRADE: CODE 8 Private

BRANCH: ALPHA DESIGNATION BI# Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA

BRANCH: CODE 00 Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA

TERM OF ENLISTMENT 5 Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law

LONGEVITY ### ###

SOURCE OF ARMY PERSONNEL 0 Civil Life

NATIVITY 85 TEXAS

YEAR OF BIRTH 11

RACE AND CITIZENSHIP 1 White, citizen

EDUCATION 0 Grammar school

CIVILIAN OCCUPATION 999 Undefined Code

MARITAL STATUS 2 Married

COMPONENT OF THE ARMY 7 Selectees (Enlisted Men)

CARD NUMBER # #

BOX NUMBER 1298 1298

FILM REEL NUMBER 6.64# 6.64#

If anyone should be able to help, it will be George Koskimaki of the 101st Airborne. I don't know if you've read any of this work Larry, but his books contain extensive information. I've got all his books (autographed of course :clappin: ), and it will be interesting to see what transpires between the two of them.

Doug Wilber is in constant contact with the 326th, and has a fine website too.

I really hope Ladd will be able to discover some tidbit of info between those two men. :pdt34:

Marion J Chard

Hi Ladd, NARA`s AAD website lists an enlistment record for a Paskell Shaw, i dont know if this would be your uncle or not. In the meantime, i`ll see what i can find on the 326th with the 101st AB

ARMY SERIAL NUMBER 38169177

NAME SHAW#PASKELL############

RESIDENCE: STATE 83 NEW MEXICO

RESIDENCE: COUNTY 009 CURRY

PLACE OF ENLISTMENT 8365 SANTA FE NEW MEXICO

DATE OF ENLISTMENT DAY 02

DATE OF ENLISTMENT MONTH 11

DATE OF ENLISTMENT YEAR 42

GRADE: ALPHA DESIGNATION PVT

GRADE: CODE 8 Private

BRANCH: ALPHA DESIGNATION BI# Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA

BRANCH: CODE 00 Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA

TERM OF ENLISTMENT 5 Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law

LONGEVITY ### ###

SOURCE OF ARMY PERSONNEL 0 Civil Life

NATIVITY 85 TEXAS

YEAR OF BIRTH 11

RACE AND CITIZENSHIP 1 White, citizen

EDUCATION 0 Grammar school

CIVILIAN OCCUPATION 999 Undefined Code

MARITAL STATUS 2 Married

COMPONENT OF THE ARMY 7 Selectees (Enlisted Men)

CARD NUMBER # #

BOX NUMBER 1298 1298

FILM REEL NUMBER 6.64# 6.64#

Wow! That would be him, because the service number agrees with his release document number. I am not sophisticated enough to decode the Alpha designation BI. He was there for the whole shebang! Thanks very much.

Hi: Did you have success contacting George or Doug? If you haven't done so already, it's a darn good idea to get in contact with George right away, because time is of the essence, as those resources won't be around forever...
Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  John William "Bill" Wilkerson BobbInND 3 5,136 11-17-2019, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  William "Bill" Brinkley (my grandfather) Rmb2 11 10,625 07-19-2017, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Rmb2
  William Shaw minkoff 1 3,822 04-15-2010, 09:05 AM
  Search underway for owner of forgotten World War II medals Wendy 0 2,858 11-10-2008, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Wendy
  Search for ww2 soldier buried in the netherlands Carl Bolt 7 8,716 02-05-2008, 04:17 PM