D-Day Anniversary 2008 - June 6, 1944

What a fantastic series of photos. Moose and your son look so cute together. I've always loved a man in uniform.

Received this from my 82nd Airborne buddy, Howard Huebner. I am very proud of you Howard. Way to go boy!

BETTY AND AND I WERE INVITED TO HOUSTON, TEXAS TO GIVE A SPPECH ABOUT D-DAY. THEY FLEW US OVER. IT WAS A ONE NIGHT STAY. ENOUGH OF HOUSTON TOO BIG. WE HAD A GOOD FLIGHT BOTH WAYS. THEY SAID IT WAS THE BIGGEST CROWD THEY HAVE EVER HAD. IT WAS IN AN OLD HOUSE OF YEARS AGO. A BIG ONE - LIVING ROOM ABOUT 40 X 60 FT. WE HAD A GOOD TIME AND I DIDN'T PUT ANYONE TO SLEEP. GOT A STANDING OVATION. I'M STILL ON CRUTCHES AND WHEN A GAL WHEELED ME TO THE PLANE SHE WANTED TO KNOW WHERE I WAS GOING AND I TOLD HER. SHE SAID YOU GOT TO TALK TO THE CAPTAIN, AND HE WAS WAITING FOR ME AND WE CHATTED A BIT. WHILE ON THE TARMACK HE ANOUNCED WE HAVE A CELEBRITY ON BOARD, A PARATROOPER WHO JUMPED INTO NORMANDY AND I GOT A LOUD APPLAUSE. WHAT A TRIP...

HOWARD

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Great pic's V!! I'm so jealous!! Hopefully I could make it out there some time. Doesn't look like next year is going to work, being in Iraq and all, but maybe sometime. Can't wait to see more photos.

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

A few other links from Jim Hennessey:

Sorry, better late than never...

http://www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/timeline/dday.htm

http://www.army.mil/d-day/

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&...june%2C6%2C1944

Marion J Chard

Here's a link Howard Huebner sent me, re: post earlier this week

http://www.afdehou.org/index_files/events.htm

Marion's note: Evidently this link doesn't take you to the story anymore. Sigh!

Marion J Chard

Hello at all, :36_15_54:

I decide to put all the photos I took of my stay in normandy where I spent three wonderful days. The festivities organised for the anniversary of the landing . I'm sure you'd have loved it !! We met a lot of American soldiers especially pilots and paratroops because they were jumping on sunday close to the "Fiére" .Together with French and German paratroops.

I Encounter people formidable.

I was very moved by my meeting with several véterans.

Has who I made autographs sign .

My son Arnaud ask to get a picture with them and for a autographs .They did it with amusement and enthusiasm. The american soldiers I found it very nice . They give him full of this pin's badges of them division and chocolate . It was like any proud !

He said Mom, look american chocolate . As grandmother had to eat when she was little during the war .

Here a link album with photos from the Anniversary D-Day Normandy 2008 :

http://picasaweb.google.com/waminvero/Normandie06

I hope you like the photos

VEE ;)

Hello at all, :36_15_54:

I decide to put all the photos I took of my stay in normandy where I spent three wonderful days. The festivities organised for the anniversary of the landing . I'm sure you'd have loved it !! We met a lot of American soldiers especially pilots and paratroops because they were jumping on sunday close to the "Fiére" .Together with French and German paratroops.

I Encounter people formidable.

I was very moved by my meeting with several véterans.

Has who I made autographs sign .

My son Arnaud ask to get a picture with them and for a autographs .They did it with amusement and enthusiasm. The american soldiers I found it very nice . They give him full of this pin's badges of them division and chocolate . It was like any proud !

He said Mom, look american chocolate . As grandmother had to eat when she was little during the war .

http://picasaweb.google.com/waminvero/Normandie06

I hope you like the pictures

VEE ;)

OUTSTANDING... Well done VEE. you certainly got around. :armata_PDT_37:

VEE,

MANY THANKS TO YOU FOR YOUR GREAT PICTURES ON D-DAY ANNIVERSARY . I KNOW EVERONE LOOKS FORWARD TO SEEING MORE IN YOUR ALBUM.

I ALSO ENJOYED SEEING THE COMMENTS FROM ALL THE OTHERS ON THE FORUM.

ColBill

Dear Vee,

LOVED YOUR PHOTOS! Thank you for sharing them with us. Some of them (of the elderly Vets) was almost too much. I Thank God for every day we still have them among us. I only wish it could be Forever...and I mean all of them, not just the men who took part in the invasion of Normandie. Again, Thank You for those wonderful photos!

Dogdaddy

Vee,

I have recently finished a review of your D-Day anniversary album on Picasa Web .

It was wonderful !! I especially enjoyed seeing you, Arnaud and Luc and others form the forum in your pictures.The area at Colleville sur mer is beautiful and you seemed to have a very nice weather day .

Thank you again for sharing your beautiful photos .

ColBill

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anniversary of Operation Dragoon - Aug 15, 1944 Walt's Daughter 3 5,679 08-19-2019, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Remembering the 75th Anniversary of D-Day Normandy Walt's Daughter 3 5,570 06-06-2019, 06:26 PM
Last Post: buk2112
  Super transport photo - June 7, 1945 Walt's Daughter 2 4,284 05-28-2016, 12:14 AM
  June 6, 1944 Walt's Daughter 2 4,225 06-06-2015, 11:00 AM
Last Post: CaptO
  Diary - Book 788 Oct 30, 1944 - FDR Library Walt's Daughter 0 2,387 04-04-2015, 08:36 AM
  the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Iwo Jima sixgun 3 4,500 02-24-2015, 07:09 PM
  Utah Beach Normandy 1944 sixgun 1 3,325 09-28-2014, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Jean Jacobson
  Carentan June 44 sixgun 0 2,218 09-25-2014, 06:20 AM
Last Post: sixgun
  Invasion of Southern France (Frejus) event June 2014 Walt's Daughter 1 3,203 03-05-2014, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Jean Jacobson
  Transport ship General W P Richardson - June 7, 1945 Walt's Daughter 0 2,437 01-14-2014, 03:26 PM