NEW - Sitreps - 36th Engineers

i have no problem viewing the files even with this ol aol browser, i get a blank page for about 30 seconds then the file opens.

Chris, i`d suggest checking for updates to your Adobe Reader software, or see if you have the latest version.

It took over an hour to download each part on dial-up -- in the meantime a blank page is displayed until completely done. Painfully slow but worked with version 7.0.8 Adobe Reader.

Thanks everyone. I checked today and found that it downloaded fine on my work computer. I just checked and found out that I have acrobat 4.0. I guess that's the problem.

Yep... the new version works

Yeah! Glad it's working, so we could share all this fantastic material with all of you. :pdt34:
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Jim Miller had the January through May 1945 sitreps placed on disk, and Peanuts sent me a copy on CD. Today I finally had time to convert each month to PDF files and uploaded to the 36th's History Page. Of course I have also place the links here for you guys.

Okay students, class is in session! :pdt20:

36th Engineers' Situation Reports - May 1945

36th Engineers' Situation Reports - March 1945

36th Engineers' Situation Reports - January 1945

36th Engineers' Situation Reports - February 1945

36th Engineers' Situation Reports - April 1945

Marion J Chard

Great stuff. I talked to Joe Medina after reading January. Shows Joe Lew How, Abe Kaplan and Teshler (?) on the wounded list and how bad things got around Jan.16. Also noticed how that it said they were assigned as infantry. I could sure visulize the scene fom Band of Brothers from those reports. Joe is pretty excited since he does not have much documentation of being with the 36th since he was transfered to another outfit before returning to the states.

Thanks to Peanut and everyone else that made all this available.

Chris

PS - Also saw where John Fallon got his Purple Heart !

Yes it is wonderful to get our hands on all this history. I have all the sitreps for the 540th and the 36th; a real treasure trove for the documentary. What more could I ask for?

Happy to hear Joe is enjoying it and filling in a lot of the blanks. Bless his heart. :heartpump:

Marion J Chard

twobisquit:

Its great to hear that Joe Medina is getting valuable info from the sitreps. John Fallon was wounded the first time at Anzio during the breakout (Billy Belcher rescued him + five other wounded) and he recovered just in time to participate in the Cavalaire landing.

Could you tell us where/when/how you obtained the document posted of the Presidential Citation for the 36th Engineers? It contains some errors and has no date or signature to verify authenticity. Thanks.

Peanuts

Could you tell us where/when/how you obtained the document posted of the Presidential Citation for the 36th Engineers? It contains some errors and has no date or signature to verify authenticity. Thanks.

Peanuts

Could you please point to exact document? Unsure of what you are referring to. Thanks.

Marion J Chard

Peanuts:

(I also sent this out in an email to the entire group)

You wanted to know if there were more reports available from NARA, other than the ones we presently have uploaded to the history page. The answer is yes!

So far we've only acquired documentation from December 1943 through May 1945. You will be able to see this in the document I have attached. More can be had from NARA, including docs prior to December of 43.

Hope this helps,

M1

NARA_letter_re_36th_CE001.pdf

Attached Files
.pdf   NARA_letter_re_36th_CE001.pdf (Size: 569.27 KB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  36th Combat Engineers Regt but which company C or G? ggent001 5 7,075 12-22-2015, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Band of Brothers - Carl Henn (Story of the 36th Engineers' Band) Bob Nokes 4 5,063 04-13-2013, 04:22 PM
  special service engineers & rail engineers Ron Nash 17 586,967 11-15-2012, 10:43 AM
  36th Engineers on LCI (L) 591 9 Aug 1944 Wendy 5 5,587 06-05-2011, 10:39 PM
Last Post: SonofaMP
  Photos found - 36th Engineers in Vesoul Walt's Daughter 0 3,060 08-04-2009, 08:58 AM
  NEW! Sitreps - 540th Engineers October 1944 Walt's Daughter 7 7,310 05-02-2008, 02:46 PM
  14th and 19th Engineers - The "old" 36th! Walt's Daughter 0 2,170 10-31-2006, 07:28 AM
  The 36th Engineers Still going strong today! Walt's Daughter 0 2,017 08-11-2006, 07:01 AM