Engineer music

Hey, look what Art Cook (36th CE) sent me today. Three different engineer tunes - actual sheet music. It's the cat's pajamas!

I had a great idea today and need some outside assistance. Need a choir, chorus, glee club, etc., to learn the music and record it. I want to present it to all the engineers and of course include it on the website and the documentary. Anyone out there a current member of a choir, or know someone who could do this? Please let me know. Here's the music.

Engineer_Songs001.pdf

Attached Files
.pdf   Engineer_Songs001.pdf (Size: 1.01 MB / Downloads: 0)
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

What I find interesting about WWII music is the differences between US and German subject matter. Perhaps I have just been looking in the wrong places but here is what I have noticed:

The german music I have heard is very militaristic (no suprise there, of course.) There are marches and songs for every possible military arm or type of unit, eg. "Stuka Vor," "Panzergrenadier Leid," "Torpedo Los!," etc. (You can see a lot of these here: http://ingeb.org/WWII.html) Are there similar US songs other than the Armed Forces songs? I don't recall hearing of a "Airborne Song," "The Infantry Song," "Submariner Song."

The American music seems to be more focused on relationships, the situation back home, and the effort to win the war as opposed to the specifics involved in winning it. I also don't see a lot of the German songs dealing with these issues (Lili Marlena not withstanding.)

You would figure that both types of subject matter would be common on both sides of the conflict.

Todd O

Long, long ago I posted this about German music and mentioned that there wasn't a lot of music on the US side about different mlitary occupations. This is what I was talking about! I'm glad to see that that kind of music is out there. By the way, on that web site I mentioned there is a German engineer song, actually written during WWI. Pioneerlied

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien
I just contacted a new friend of mine who was/is a professional singer. I asked her if she knows of a group of men who would be interested in performing these songs for the documentary. I am eagerly awaiting... :clappin:
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"