Real truth about UK and holocaust in schools

I'm sure many have you have gotten the email which states, 'All schools in the UK have stopped teaching about the holocaust'. Well this is false. One of our vets (and I'm very proud of him), took the time to check this out on Snopes. Here's the real scoop! BTW, Al Panebianco, go to the head of the class! You did your homework and I'm proud of you. :armata_PDT_37:

Click here to read the whole truth:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/holocaust.asp

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

While the rumor is false in regards to ALL schools; it is a fact that the teaching of the Holocaust has been removed from one schools curriculum. Folks, history is history and should never be forgotten. If you think the muslims sensibilities would be disturbed how do you think the millions of jews and christians should feel about it ??? It really upsets me to think that anyone feels this is O.K.

I hope you didn't misinterpret my post. The intention was to point out the fact that the internet is a prime medium for sending out falsehoods or gross interpretations of the truth. That is not acceptable and never will be.

I don't think anyone has to question my scope and feelings on the holocaust, nor any other member here. I certainly DO NOT proscribe to the Muslim doctrine, nor do I think it was "okay" for the school to pull the teachings from its curriculum.

The email which is floating around should be yanked from the internet, for it is an injustice to the United Kingdom. If the person sending it wants to make a point, they should stick to the truth of the matter. :pdt34:

Marion J Chard

It seems that the only people in America (and many other PC influenced countries) that can be freely made fun of are Christians, conservatives, priests, and southerners. Anyone else is off limits. Laura Ingram was making the point the other day that fathers seem to be a buffoonish character in most American sitcoms now-a-days. Try to portray a lesbian in a bufoonish role and all Hell would break loose!

PS. Snopes is great! Whenever I get some e-mail that looks unbelievable! or to good to be true! an outrage! I always select a portion and either take it to Snopes or Google it. It's almost always bogus.

Lastly, I'm in Richmond on my way north for a meeting with one of the units that works off-site from Lejeune. I'm cruisin' down the road with an air card and posting on the website. Isn't technology great!

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Hey Capt', keep yer eyes on the road... :pdt12::pdt12:

Speaking of TV and rating and acceptability... Hubby and I were watching the boob-tube last night. They ran a commercial for one of the current programs (wasn't one of the shows we watch), and showed two gals kissing. Now mind you, Lee and I are anything but PRUDES, but his statement was, "Ratings must be going down again for another show". Anything of THAT nature is totally acceptable, but how dare we show anyone happily married or professing to be Christian or... You get my drift? It's as though happily married people with 2.5 children, can't be shown because it would be a "put-down" to anyone who wasn't. Once again, God forbid (oh gee can I say that?) that we step on someone's toes.

I don't know, give me some good old fashion TV. But THOSE people would say, what, do you thnk Ozzie and Harriet represent the real world? Well no, but neither do people having sex with everyone else in the world, or cussin' like a sailor! This is what's on before our kids are in bed at night. So all this is okay, but don't cha dare bring up the Holocaust because THAT might offend someone. ARGGHHH!

Oh geez, how'd I get started on this avenue? Guess it's all part of this world we live in. Hard not to bring up one thing without the other. All sad reflections on how we live today (or at least what we are exposed to)!

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Holocaust Fading from Memory Walt's Daughter 2 3,402 05-04-2018, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  The real Rosie the Riveter dies Walt's Daughter 1 2,815 01-25-2018, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Frank Gubbels
  The real story behind duct tape and its tie-in with WWII Walt's Daughter 4 5,105 03-29-2016, 10:09 AM
  In Memoriam - the Holocaust Walt's Daughter 2 3,516 04-30-2012, 06:35 PM
  The Holocaust memorial in Athens Walt's Daughter 0 2,129 07-22-2010, 08:25 PM
  Holocaust in the News Walt's Daughter 0 1,712 03-22-2007, 09:20 AM
  Attention Holocaust Liberators & Survivors! Walt's Daughter 2 5,409 10-09-2006, 12:33 PM
  Holocaust collage Walt's Daughter 1 6,342 04-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Last Post: chambers