Pearl Harbor on the Military Channel 12/7

I don't know if all you folks have access to "The Military Channel" on your cable system. I pay for the digital service for that, History International and National Geographic. Any ways on Friday, Dec 7th starting at 6 pm The Military Channel will start running back to back documetaries on Pearl Harbor.

This will the the first Pearl Harbor Anniversary since my friend Sue's father died. He was on the hospital ship Solaris on that day. If you've ever seen the film of the Arizona lifting out to the water when the magazine exploded, that was taken from the deck of the Solaris. I would always try to stop by there and tell him what they running that day, just to let him know that someone remembered what happened on that day.....I'm going to miss that little tradition.

Yesterday on the german discovery history channel were a documentary about a jap's who did not surrender till 1974 quite interesting docu he didn't believe that they lost the war.

http://www.2spare.com/item_91025.aspx

Unfortunately do not have the Military Channel yet. Have several other including the History Channel that we voraciously watch. Ah maybe someda

I can understand your feeling regarding your tradition. I can appreciate that lost feeling... :(

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Yesterday on the german discovery history channel were a documentary about a jap's who did not surrender till 1974 quite interesting docu he didn't believe that they lost the war.

http://www.2spare.com/item_91025.aspx

omg I have seen a documentary on this on History International!!! They must dub them into different languages around the world. It was amazing what they did to try to get these guys to surrender.....

post-256-1195675406_thumb.jpg Darlene, I was was on holiday in Hawaii in September 2007, and visited 'Pearl' . It really is an awesome place, it is hard to imagine the horror and suffering that took place here. Moose.

I don't know if all you folks have access to "The Military Channel" on your cable system. I pay for the digital service for that, History International and National Geographic. Any ways on Friday, Dec 7th starting at 6 pm The Military Channel will start running back to back documetaries on Pearl Harbor.

This will the the first Pearl Harbor Anniversary since my friend Sue's father died. He was on the hospital ship Solaris on that day. If you've ever seen the film of the Arizona lifting out to the water when the magazine exploded, that was taken from the deck of the Solaris. I would always try to stop by there and tell him what they running that day, just to let him know that someone remembered what happened on that day.....I'm going to miss that little tradition.

Attached Files
.jpg   Heaven.jpg (Size: 341.11 KB / Downloads: 0)

History Channel where I live (Digital TV).

Series of documentaries regarding Leyte, Okinawa, Iwo Jima, etc.

Very interesting but at times really cruel footage.

Those Marines sure went through hell and back a few times trying to knock the Japs off these islands.

Erwin

post-256-1195675406_thumb.jpg Darlene, I was was on holiday in Hawaii in September 2007, and visited 'Pearl' . It really is an awesome place, it is hard to imagine the horror and suffering that took place here. Moose.

The thing that hit me most on 9/11 was: this must have been the rage, horror and confusion that my parents felt on 12/7.

ohh Moose, I wish I were at Pearl right now....Its rainy and damp here in Ct and my friend Arther Itis is barking. An afternoon in the sun with a drink would feel really good.

In the many things I've seen about Pearl Harbor on television, I think the thing that most amazed me was that when they couldnt raise The Arizona, they cut off anything left above the waterline. The portion that was cut off is stored somewhere on Hawaii. The reverence for that ship was such that during metal drives, they did not collect those large pieces of metal for re use....

I asked one of the Rangers on duty aboard the Arizona about the oil leaking from her bilges,

he told me that there was no worry, the bilges are checked monthly by divers and when the time comes to remove it, they will.

He also said that if all the leaking oil was collected throughout the year, at the years end, they would have a quart.

There are fish swimming around the Arizona, a little girl asked her pa why, her father told her they were the souls of the sailors

below inside the ship. That made my eyes mist over.

I would have been handing you the kleenex because I would have been bawling away.

That was a wonderful answer the father gave her. Instead of going for the scientific reasoning or stifling her curiousity he put it in a way she could grasp the sadness there maybe make her want to learn more about that day....

I would have been handing you the kleenex because I would have been bawling away.

That was a wonderful answer the father gave her. Instead of going for the scientific reasoning or stifling her curiousity he put it in a way she could grasp the sadness there maybe make her want to learn more about that day....

post-2-1196480325_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   ROLL_OF_HONOUR.jpg (Size: 97.88 KB / Downloads: 0)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Heroes Channel - Those Damned Engineers Walt's Daughter 7 11,251 11-22-2014, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  The History Channel's "The World Wars Walt's Daughter 2 4,075 06-05-2014, 07:33 AM
  "SHOOTOUT" History Channel Series afc7883 0 3,404 04-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Last Post: afc7883
  Sun Nov 15, 09 - WWII program - History Channel Walt's Daughter 16 14,773 01-14-2010, 03:45 PM
Last Post: Dogdaddy
  PBS:U.S Military Cemeteries civilwargal 1 3,435 05-27-2009, 05:48 AM
  Hero Ships - The History Channel Series Walt's Daughter 0 4,361 09-21-2008, 09:36 AM
  African American is WWII - History Channel Walt's Daughter 0 2,883 02-29-2008, 04:17 PM
  Tonight on the Weather Channel civilwargal 5 6,898 02-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Dogdaddy
  History Channel Shoot-Out Walt's Daughter 10 12,174 11-05-2007, 11:07 AM
  Hitler Speaks - The History Channel Walt's Daughter 2 4,744 08-29-2007, 08:47 AM