ATTENTION REENACTORS!

ATTENTION REENACTORS!

I need your assistance for my documentary! I am looking for video footage of any reenactor group regarding any of the following units:

Inf Divs:

1st, 3rd, 9th, 34th, 36th, 45th

Engineer Regs:

36th, 39th, 540th, 1108th and any of the engineer regiments that belonged to the infantry units listed above, such as the 10th which were 3rd div engineers.

If you have any videos you would like to donate for the documentary, I would be very obliged. Of course your group would get active credits, plus some great exposure.

Thanks in advance and let me know if you have any questions. I really look forward to hearing from you. Please pass the word... :clappin:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Whaaaaa! This is disappointing....

Have posted this here and also written personal letters to several re-enacting groups, and not even an acknowledgment letter from any of them. The polite thing would be to at least respond to my letter and say, sorry, no! But as of today, not one response. Sigh!!! :pdt33: Oh well....

Marion J Chard

Whaaaaa! This is disappointing....

Have posted this here and also written personal letters to several re-enacting groups, and not even an acknowledgment letter from any of them. The polite thing would be to at least respond to my letter and say, sorry, no! But as of today, not one response. Sigh!!! :pdt33: Oh well....

Mi Marion,

I have been trying to get in touch with the 36th engineer reenactor, through his blog. I attempted to befriend him. but no response. in fact I found his page before I found your incredible website. I was very interested in joining a Reenactment group for the 36th combat engineers. I have assemble to the best of my ability, a historically accurate series of uniforms to the specifications of my grandfathers ( from what I know so far).

I have hbt's, wools, service uniform, an m41 field jacket. leggings, field suspenders, m1 garand ammo belt, an m1 garand, and of course dui pins and seahorse patches.

since I have not heard from anyone I actually decided to spend a week over at fort indiantown gap in pa with the WWII federation, late January. I will be the only 36th combat engineer present. since this is a battle of the bulge reenactment I did invest in winter clothing, including an m43 field jacket to be warm.

in my journey of collecting gear and uniforms I have started making friends in the reenactor circuit. I will keep you posted as I talk more with them.

talk to you soon,

-Frank

ATTENTION REENACTORS!

I need your assistance for my documentary! I am looking for video footage of any reenactor group regarding any of the following units:

Inf Divs:

1st, 3rd, 9th, 34th, 36th, 45th

Engineer Regs:

36th, 39th, 540th, 1108th and any of the engineer regiments that belonged to the infantry units listed above, such as the 10th which were 3rd div engineers.

If you have any videos you would like to donate for the documentary, I would be very obliged. Of course your group would get active credits, plus some great exposure.

Thanks in advance and let me know if you have any questions. I really look forward to hearing from you. Please pass the word... :clappin:

M-1 I have a couple of tapes of the 34th I.D. If you think you can use them let me know

These aren't reenactors tapes. OLE Doggie Rocky

Thanks Rocky. Will let you know.

Frank:

I just sent him an email and let him know. Did you know he lives in Europe? Didn't realize if you knew that! :rolleyes:

Marion J Chard

Thanks Rocky. Will let you know.

Frank:

I just sent him an email and let him know. Did you know he lives in Europe? Didn't realize if you knew that! :rolleyes:

Marion,

no I didn't! I guess I would have, if we spoke further. darn , that is disappointing. although, it is great to hear that the 36th combat engineers are respected to be reenacted in Europe. Thanks for keeping me posted.

Thanks again!

-Frank

Frank I emailed him yesterday, and got a reply already. He did not receive anything from you, but stated he would love to speak with you.

I will forward his email to you right now, and get the two of you together. My pleasure!

:wave:

I am going to try and catch up with all my correspondence over the next week, including the forum. My apologies for being away so much, but life calls me to other avenues as of late...

Marion J Chard

Still looking for footage. Placed this request on Facebook today too.

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Polish Reenactors Walt's Daughter 7 10,078 03-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Last Post: CaptO
  10th Engineer Reenactors Walt's Daughter 5 7,238 07-24-2008, 07:21 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Any German Reenactors groups out there? afc7883 9 9,897 05-19-2007, 05:10 PM
Last Post: moose