Heartfelt thanks to our veterans

Received this lovely letter from London, Ontario (current home) this evening and wanted all to see Margaret MacLeod's heartfelt thanks to all the veterans. Thank you dear lady. :heartpump:

Hello - being from Glasgow, I want to thank you, for your courage, and especially a thank you to your comrades who did not make it home. We are so very grateful for all that you sacrificed, never forget that we are humbled by all that you did - God Bless and my Sincere Thanks, from a senior who barely remembers the war.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I will be the first to say, YOU'RE WELCOME.

Marion, just got back from funeral home. visitation of a freind,funeral tomorrow.

He was with the 82nd Airborne, saw action at the Battle of the Bulge. He was one

year younger than me. Time marches on. Roque (Rocky).

Sorry for your loss and so sorry to hear that another one of our brothers has passed on. :(

I know several 82nd Airborne men and can say that they were and are some of the very best. :armata_PDT_37:

Marion J Chard

Another letter from Margaret. So nice!

Hello Marion,

I didn't expect an answer to my e-mail, but thank you that you took the time.

Unless you were brought up in Europe, during the war years, it is difficult to comprehend all the misery suffered by all. Even though the young men in their late teens, were full of bravado I now know that they were probably quite fearlul of what lay ahead for them. Scotland, at that time, was quite poor, but even so, the friendly people invited many servicemen to their homes and shared their rations with them. They joked and were happy to be in a family environment and to sleep in a home. I'm sure that it was painful for them remembering their loved ones at home, but it was a

happy respite, before taking off - to where, they didn't know.

Thank you and enjoy a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR.

Margaret

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cards from China offer thanks to WWII veterans Walt's Daughter 0 2,124 10-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Final March for Battle of the Bulge Veterans Walt's Daughter 0 2,174 06-02-2011, 01:32 PM
  Veterans Mark Battle of the Bulge Walt's Daughter 13 126,925 02-22-2008, 09:22 AM
  Toast to the Veterans of the Battle of the Bulge Walt's Daughter 3 3,909 12-31-2007, 09:29 PM
Last Post: roque_riojas
  Wyoming Veterans Memorial Museum twobisquit 2 3,350 11-11-2007, 04:01 PM
  Veterans of the Battle of the Bulge, Inc. Walt's Daughter 0 2,012 07-15-2007, 10:06 PM
  BoB veterans majchuckie 1 2,578 09-25-2006, 01:24 PM
  THANK YOU VETERANS Cadetat6 3 4,209 01-31-2006, 06:35 PM
Last Post: chucktoo1926
  Veterans Day Tribute and Song Walt's Daughter 5 5,647 11-11-2005, 03:06 PM
  pictures: Richard Pohle's D-Day Veterans Walt's Daughter 0 72,694 05-10-2005, 02:15 PM