Documentary - No Bridge Too Far

Do you have a local theater group? High school chior? Church singers?

Bars around here hire singers/bands all the time for Friday and Saturday night live entertainment. Your local pub might be worth a try. May have to pay them, tho. :(

Dang !! 'Marion's Boys' Would help ,BUT, our accents would be cor blimey..?

I have tried several universities, including my alma mater. Many of my requests have gone unanswered. Several people told me they would do it, but no one has come through. I have placed requests on Facebook and on this forum, and asked people in person.

I guess I can ask the local high school, there about the only ones I haven't asked yet.

It seems like such a simple request and I'm baffled I haven't received any help yet. Sigh!

Moose: Ya, if it weren't for the English accents, I'd take ya up on that offer in a snap! You're a sweetheart!

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Hello M1-

If I was looking to kick-start a DVD I would first contact the local cable company to find out the cost per minute of advertising time. I would then begin contacting professional Advertising agencies ( Ala' MAD MEN :D ) to discuss my project and then wait and see what they could do for me creatively. For example, I'm sure you've seen commercials like TIME-LIFE's when they are promoting a WWII documentary.. they are very effective, and (depending what your marketing budget is) a much better way to reach the people who are likely to purchase WWII documentaries. Don't feel like you have to do it all yourself in order to make it 'Your Project.' You will always have the final say :D .

Cheers!

Unfortunately I have NO marketing money. Seriously. Every dollar that I save for this project in my Proud Daughter savings acct goes to paying bills. For instance, even though my acct is finally in the plus, the money sitting in there right now (about $800.00), all goes to paying the voice-over actors on my next round.

I've been very fortunate that all of them agreed to be paid in three installments (one after each release). That's one of the reasons I decided to release the documentary in segments, for sales from one would help me pay the actors, copyright fees, etc., in the next...

So the reality is, I just don't have the cash, but it is a GRAND idea and I appreciate all ideas. Maybe in the future?!? :armata_PDT_37:

Well my dear sister-in-law surprised me yesterday, and placed a freebie for me on Made in Michigan. That was so kind and thoughtful of her. Every little boost is appreciated and welcomed. Let's see if I get any bites.

While we are on the subject... I joined a WWII writer's discussion on Amazon.com and took a few minutes to introduce myself and the project. Well that was disappointing so far. Not even a welcome reply! Guess they aren't as friendly as we are. What ever happened to helping your fellow man? :mellow:

Thanks Dogdaddy. I hope I will be able to implement your ideas in the near future. :waving:

Marion J Chard

Praise be!!! Thanks to my buddy and forum member, Chris Stephens, I am finally able to get this accomplished. Chris I love ya!!!! :armata_PDT_01:

Good morning Marion. My brother, Chris Stephens, let me know that you were looking for three young men to sing some songs written during WWII.

My daughter contacted a few of her friends that are now college freshmen here at NMU in Marquette, MI. They are very interested and would love to participate. I can vouch for their singing abilities - they are very talented young men. If you are still looking, they would love to see the music and see if it is possible for them to do. One of the guys is particularly interested in WWII

My husband Pete could coach them, if needed. He's a former choir teacher.

If you could let me know either way, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Lori Stephens-brown

I just sent her a response, along with the sheet music. Oh man, what a great way to start my day. Her email was the first thing I saw this morning.

:bluejumper:

Marion J Chard

Awesome! I'm glad it seems to be coming together!

Maj Todd O. USMC, Retired
Grandson of LTC John O'Brien

Me too Todd. It's a series of full-tilt boogie, followed by weeks or months of waiting. It's like a see-saw most of the time. But I'm sure it's like that with any type of big production.

I am grateful to every single person who's giving me input, taken time to respond to questions, donated time and money to the project and those who have bought a copy. Thanks to all.

Thank you Todd for all your assistance along the way too.

Marion J Chard

Congrats Marion! Your stick-to-it-ness is commendable!! (hugS)

Ah is that what we're calling it "stick-to-it-ness"? :pdt12: I don't give up easily. I may falter at times, but never give up! Must be in the genes! :pdt12:

Congrats Marion! Your stick-to-it-ness is commendable!! (hugS)

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginning Thoughts on No Bridge Too Far - 2006 Walt's Daughter 16 21,964 02-01-2007, 01:38 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter