Documentary - No Bridge Too Far

Spent about 4 or 5 hours today working on the intro with music. I guess this is a good sign because I got goosebumps when I was watching it. :unsure: The current intro runs just slightly over a minute and is all done in black and white images.

I played it for my husband when he got home from watching the football game at the bar and he was impressed. Oh cool! He's a tough critic and if I can please him I know I've gotten off on the right foot.

Back to work. I think I found another calling. This is so awesome. :clappin:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

If this ol' Belgian can help, just give a yell, ok?

I am sure it will be a great project, Marion!

:armata_PDT_37::armata_PDT_37::armata_PDT_37:

Erwin

Cool!! Keep us posted and put me on the waiting list for a copy.

Maybe I'll even give you guys sneak previews.... Only if you're good boys and girls! :pdt34:

One thing I may do from time to time is to ask for certain photos, newspaper clippings, etc., from the era. That would be most helpful as I work on this project.

Marion J Chard

Only photos I have are on "My Page", I'll take the second copy.

"GOOD", only when I sleep. rocky

"GOOD", only when I sleep. rocky

Oh, that's probably where I ran into you (while dreaming) :heartpump: :glasses2: Or could it have been... :beamme:

Marion J Chard

Okay assignment from the teacher.

Looking for "ordinary" photos from the early 40's. Not war stuff, just normal everyday life stuff. Photos of houses, everyday life in neighborhoods, downtowns, cars parked out in streets, that type of thing. So if anyone has any old photos that they can copy and send to me via email, I would be mightily obliged. Of course you will get photo credits too. So come on, I know you wanna see you name in lights! :frown:

Just wanted to add that the photos should clearly depict the era, and give the true feel of the 40's

Thanks in advance,

M1

Marion J Chard

A few years ago my friend Tom from New Hampshire send me a cd with photos from his father and some fellows of his unit the 552 Ordnance Co., if you want I send you copy of it maybe you have some use for it?

By the way of speeking of photos if you need some from nowadays from over here from Normandy or other places just ring the bell ok. :rolleyes:

Martin

Have you ever heard about www.superstock.com? But they're not free, perhaps as a last resort...

Hi Brooke. Appreciate the suggestion. I'm a member of one of the online photo sites. I do use there services from time to time, but of course want to avoid the cost where I can, or at least until I receive future funding.

At least many of the photos on these sites is very reasonable.

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginning Thoughts on No Bridge Too Far - 2006 Walt's Daughter 16 21,964 02-01-2007, 01:38 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter