Overseas with the 540th Engineers

Hi:

I am trying to locate the book, Overseas with the 540th Engineers. Someone was kind enough to lend me their copy so I can scan it to my hard drive, but eventually I would like to add the book to my permanent collection. If anyone knows where I can obtain the book, please let me know.

Thanks a million.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

You're not going to believe this! I checked used and out of print books from Barnes and Noble and they have it. Of course it is $370.59. I'll look around some more and see if I can find it cheaper.

Okay so I did some more searching and it looks like the site for Alibris has the best price at $349.95. I can't find anything on bid or from a private owner. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Yes, I know some of them are outrageous. Over $300.00. Bring on the smelling salts. :blink: The copy that my friend gave to me on loan was $125.00. I am treating it with white kid gloves, believe me!

Unfortunately the prices they want for the book are quite out of my range right now. Guess I'll just have to sit tight and keep looking. I am hoping that someone will find one in their attic and won't have any interest in and donate it to my "cause". :D

As Yoda might say, "Patient will I be, patient will I be."

Thanks for your efforts.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  540th Engineers Reubensgirl 1 148,585 05-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter