O.D. and KHAKI DATES TO WEAR

What date did we change from O.D. winter uniform to KHAKI summer uniform and visa-versa.

Art

Most answers about uniforms was at Marine web, 14 in one day.

We must have all young-unns her except for old farts like me and chuckie

old papa Art

Hey there old -Art. You mentioned O.D's. Still can't figgure why they were called that. Now the Marine's heavy stuff would pass for olive drab, but before the Air Force (better known as Air Corps in our day) changed to BLUE, those winter heavies were to my eyes BROWN. The fatigues could have passed for O.D.

Oh yes; you wanted to know what day they had us change from O.D.s to suntans,or khakis. Well,if you were in Minnesota and shipping out to arizona, they had you wear the O.Ds. If you were leaving Arizona for Minnesota, then you were to dress in suntans.

One exception to that rule was when after we finished basic training at Sheppard Field,Texas, and being shipped out to Truax Field, Wisconsin. We were to dress in O.Ds/overcoat. every thing else went into the duffle bag. They trucked us to the train depot, where we stood on the platform for about 2 hours, in 95 degree heat waiting for the train to show up. I still think they wanted one last lick at us before leaving paradice.

chucktoo