Honor Flight Network

Here's some fantastic info regarding Honor Flight Network.

http://www.honorflight.org/index.htm

Honor Flight is a non profit organization created solely to honor America’s veterans for all their sacrifices. We fly our heroes to Washington, DC to visit and reflect at their memorials. Top priority is given to the senior veterans – WW II survivors along with those other veterans that may be terminally ill. Honor Flight first flew in May 2005 with six small planes flying 12 WW II veterans, departing out of Springfield, Ohio. In 2006, with a waiting list of veterans expanding rapidly, we transitioned to commercial airline carriers to accommodate the maximum number of veterans as possible. Partnering with HonorAir in Hendersonville, North Carolina and Hero Flight in Provo, Utah, we formed the “Honor Flight Network.†Together, we are aggressively expanding our programs to other cities across the nation in 2007. Based on recent statistics, we are losing WW II veterans at the rate of 1200 per day. Honor Flight will continue do whatever it takes to fulfill the dreams of our veterans and, very importantly, our senior heroes travel absolutely free.

Subsequent to the WW II veterans, our efforts will then focus on our Korean and then Vietnam veterans, honoring them similarly.

HONOR FLIGHT – our way of paying a small tribute to those that gave so much; to take a memorable, safe, and rewarding FLIGHT with HONOR!!!

====================================

At the latest 1108th Reunion in August 2007, the planning committee, which I am now a proud member of, is considering hosting the 2008 reunion in Washington DC. This would allow many of our vets, including their families, to visit the WWII Memorial. We have already begun looking into the possibilities, and when I saw the site listed above, I thought, how perfect! :armata_PDT_37:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

:armata_PDT_37: this is SO AWESOME!

I'd give the world & all if my Dad were here & could make that trip!

I hope they get the word out in the news media so as many

Vets as possible can get there.

The name "Honor Flight" couldn't be more appropriate! :excl:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lifelong Memories and Honor Roll Walt's Daughter 0 3,346 08-22-2007, 11:46 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter