South Atlantic Command Engineer units

Hello all,

I own a mint uniform of a WWII colonel of Engineer Corps. (I'll put a photo in "Uniforms" forum asap).

On the left shoulder is a patch of Army Service Forces, on the right shoulder is a patch of South Atlantic Command.

Could you help me to list matching Engineer Units, from 1943-1944 era, according to both patches?

I would like to purchase two distinctive unit insignias to complete it and I don't want to commit a mistake.

PS: I try to do my best in English, please be patient if horrible :blush:

Would love to see the photo. You can add it to this post. We will try and help you out. I have all (or almost all) of the engineer insignia for every unit.

J'aimerais voir la photo. Vous pouvez l'ajouter à cette poste. Nous essaierons de vous aider. J'ai tout (ou presque tout) de l'insigne d'ingénieur pour chaque unité. Excuse my French! :P

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Would love to see the photo. You can add it to this post. We will try and help you out. I have all (or almost all) of the engineer insignia for every unit.

J'aimerais voir la photo. Vous pouvez l'ajouter à cette poste. Nous essaierons de vous aider. J'ai tout (ou presque tout) de l'insigne d'ingénieur pour chaque unité. Excuse my French! :P

Your French is perfect. Here is the uniform:

eng1.jpg

eng2.jpg

eng3.jpg

eng4.jpg

COAT HALLMARK: eng5.jpg

COAT HALLMARK: eng6.jpg

eng7.jpg

COAT HALLMARK: eng8.jpg

SHIRT HALLMARK: eng9.jpg

TIE HALLMARK: eng10.jpg

SHOES HALLMARK: eng11.jpg

SHOES MARKINGS: eng12.jpg

Nobody knows ? :(

Not so far. Do not give up. It is still early in the search... :pdt34:
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  List of all Units Elig. for Combat Credit at Alsace Ardennes Caryl-280ECB 2 5,275 04-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Last Post: CaptO