converting VHS to DVD

I recently sent in about 7 VHS tapes to a company who will convert them to DVD's. I have about 20-25 and figure I will do them in stages to control the costs. But they have very reasonable rates and I should receive my first batch in a week or so. I'll let you know how they come out.

http://hdmediaservices.com/

Later I am also going to convert some old 8mm's from my childhood. It will be nice to have them on DVD's before they lose their quality.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Got my first seven back and I'm so happy that I finally did this.

There are some personal ones such as our wedding and one from my old band, but I also have the following WWII DVD's now:

253rd Combat Engineers

US Staff Report Number 2 - This is the one that includes my dad's unit, the 540th Combat Engineers

The 82nd Airborne Division in WWII

The 34th Infantry Division in WWII

The B-24 Story

I hope to share these with you in the near future, or at least portions to begin with.

Marion J Chard

Later I am also going to convert some old 8mm's from my childhood. It will be nice to have them on DVD's before they lose their quality.

Hello M1! Back in May I stumbled across our families 8mm home movies, which covered the years from around 1960-1965. I was afraid that they might have been ruined since it had been at least 30 years since we last watched them and they were put in a plastic container and (nearly) forgotten...Much to my surprise that was not the case, and I was able to have all of them put onto one DVD! They were ready to pick up in June so I gathered what's left of the family together and we sat down to view our yesterdays. IT WAS WONDERFUL! So great to see my -o- Dad looking young and healthy again, and everyone seemed so happy! It was a bit weird seeing myself as an 8 year old again...playing with (what else!) my Mattel Thompson submachinegun! :rolleyes: I could go on and on but since it would mean nothing to most of you I will refrain from doing so, and just say BRAVO! to you Marion...you'll never regret having your memories preserved on DVD. Just be sure to bring a box of cleanex tissue! ;)

Dogdaddy :woof:

My work bought a DVD and VHS player/recorder to transfer old VHS tapes of meetings to DVD. It was a little over $100 2 years ago. It's a handy little machine, that is of course once we all figured out how to use it. Well, our intern figured out how to use it and left us instructions.....

B

Dogdaddy, it seems that many are catching onto this practice and as you know it is well worth the money. Wasn't it great to share that with your family? Yes, I will have a box of tissues ready. I know I will need it especially when I see my daddy. :heartpump:
Marion J Chard