Fallout from "The War"

"Rocky's Angels" -o- ! Can we have our own TV show?

Well, I feel deeply honored & privileged to be one of "Rocky's Angels"! :heartpump::wave:

Brooke says it exactly right - it's appreciation not depreciation. How different things

would be if people did that.

People used to have a better understanding of the fact that it's how you behave in everyday

life that really matters.

I go to this gas station in needham center and the man that pumps the gas is

a recent immigrant from Russia. This fellow is always polite & pleasant, works hard

and is neatly dressed - (so he's"good people" to me). I always "pass the time

of day" with this guy and he'll often strike up a bit of conversation while filling the tank.

On monday, he looked at me, sighed & said: "I hate this job!". I almost burst out

laughing because he said it with a Russian accent, but in such an "American" way!

I smiled & said I certainly could relate to THAT!

He told me that earlier, some woman in a big expensive SUV had come to

the "Full Service" side where he pumps the gas and loudly & adamantly proclaimed

that she was gonna "pump my OWN gas!!". He told her to go to the Self Serve side

and she ranted & raved. His boss told him to go over & "help" her, but when he

got there, she snarled at him: "WHAAATT!!!???".

After he'd told his story, I said "Now don't let her bother you. Unfortunately, there are

lots of people like her - but just ignore them. None of them are worth enough

to ruin your day." He smiled at me & said "You have a good day today!".

Appreciation Vs Depreciation.

And I bet a million bucks that the woman in the expensive SUV would say: "Bring the troops

home NOW" (but she doesn't give a damn about the troops), "Stop Global Warming"

(But she lives in a McMansion), and "Save The Whales!" (but wouldn't give a hungry

stray a morsel to eat). Any of you guys wanna take that bet???

m2

Rocky's Angels. That has a nice ring. Brooke, Mary Ann and Marion. Wonder what kind of ratings it would get? :pdt12:

In regards to that woman; I say BLICK on her. Like that word? :frown: It's a Marion word. Karma will get her. Unappreciative spoiled brat. How dare she treat that man like sh-t!

On a similar note, one of our dear neighbors has been hounded for years by a lady that lives next to him. If they sneeze she calls the cops. That's not far from the truth. They have a log of how many times each week that she has called the cops, the DNR, the health dept, etc. It's incredible. Well after pulling out his hair and going through a particularly BAD month with her, it looks like KARMA has come up and duly slapped her upside the head.

Found out this morning that the inspectors found that she is the ONE who has been in violation of the health codes, not our neighbors. In fact, they've NEVER been fined! They found that she did not get a permit for her septic field, but had a FRIEND do it. So they are forcing her to dig up her yard, and if it's improperly installed, then she will have to replace it. This will cost several thousand dollars. I call that just desserts! :drinkin:

So to angry, miserable people out there like her; watch what you say and do, because it WILL come back to hit you in the -ss! That old saying rings true; people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. I can't imagine living like that and being that miserable every day. Guess misery loves company. Looks like she will have a full house! :direct:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

MY ANGELS HAVE SPOKEN, INCLUDING ONE THAT I THINK I FELT BLOWING IN MY EAR!!

R :rolleyes::rolleyes: ock around the clock!