Veterans needed

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE- looking for Interview so you can be remembered...

Hello,

Would you like your war stories to be remembered? Well, my name is Leah Turner and I am in 8th Grade at Preston Junior High School in Fort Collins, Colorado. Every year, my teacher, Scott DeVries, assigns a project in memory of World War II, Vietnam, and Korean War. He has each of his students interview, whether it be through email, phone, whatever, and collect pictures of the person they are interviewing. If you would like to be interviewed and put up on our "Freedom Is Not Free" webpage made by my teacher, I would be more than happy to learn more about you and your past experiences and we would like to keep a record of every veteran we could possibly get. If you are willing to participate in this event, please email me back at this address (Luv2Ski2290@hotmail.com ). Thank you very much for you time and consideration and I feel very honored that you were there to fight for America. If you would like your story to be preserved forever, then keep it remembered by answering questions for a short interview. Pictures are also wanted!!!

Thanks again,

Leah Turner

If you would like to visit the current webpage, it is located at: http://schoolweb.psdschools.org/preston/fnf2/WW2.htm

cadetat6 Art

Hi Leah,

Nice project. I'd love to help out. I'm not a WW2 veteran but maybe I can put you in touch with one. Oh, yeah. Here is one I have on my website. I can give you his phone number.

Sgt Sid Ayres

Do they have to be living or can we submit a dedication to them?

Leah, one suggestion about your school's site. You need to put a name with the photo so someone can come back and find it. One way is to make the name pop up when the cursor is moved over the photo.

Marion: Check out the story on their page by Donald Edward Lancaster. He was an Engineer of some unit in Italy but he never said what unit, except that he was assigned to the 15th Army Group. He tells his whole story including how he met and married his wife before returning to the States.

Go to Leah's link, then flip to next page. His photo is bottom row, 2nd from RIGHT.

Here is link: http://schoolweb.psdschools.org/preston/fn.../dlancaster.htm

Steve

Thanks Steve. I will try and check it out sometime this week! :D

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another bridge crossing the Agger – no combat engineers needed - or... Christoph 6 7,101 11-28-2015, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Cards from China offer thanks to WWII veterans Walt's Daughter 0 2,124 10-18-2011, 04:55 PM
  Final March for Battle of the Bulge Veterans Walt's Daughter 0 2,174 06-02-2011, 01:32 PM
  Help needed on identifying this shell Frank Gubbels 10 8,435 05-04-2010, 06:36 AM
Last Post: chambers
  Veterans Mark Battle of the Bulge Walt's Daughter 13 126,915 02-22-2008, 09:22 AM
  Toast to the Veterans of the Battle of the Bulge Walt's Daughter 3 3,909 12-31-2007, 09:29 PM
Last Post: roque_riojas
  Heartfelt thanks to our veterans Walt's Daughter 3 3,890 12-07-2007, 10:27 AM
  Wyoming Veterans Memorial Museum twobisquit 2 3,349 11-11-2007, 04:01 PM
  Veterans of the Battle of the Bulge, Inc. Walt's Daughter 0 2,012 07-15-2007, 10:06 PM
  BoB veterans majchuckie 1 2,578 09-25-2006, 01:24 PM