Over There....

FOUND SOME OLD GROUP PHOTOS, SOME FROM NORMANDY, JUNE 6th 2004.

post-256-1186827679_thumb.jpg

THIS IS THE GROUP CONVOY ON ROUTE TO STE MARIE-DU-MONT FROM OUR CAMP SITE IN RAVENVILLE.

Attached Files
.jpg   60th_003.jpg (Size: 203.71 KB / Downloads: 0)

post-256-1186828347_thumb.jpg

DURING A RECON BY THREE OF THE JEEPS FROM THE GROUP THEY CAME UPON GEN. TAYLORS HQ, NEAR THE VILLAGE OF HIESVILLE, I THINK.

THE LADY OWNER KINDLY ALLOWED US TO ENTER ,AND, REFRESHMENTS WERE HANDED AROUND.

Attached Files
.jpg   60th_006.jpg (Size: 351.03 KB / Downloads: 0)

post-256-1186828988_thumb.jpg THIS IS A FAVOURITE OF MINE, WE ARE JUST ABOUT TO ATTACK ......THE BAR, TAKEN AT DETLiNG, KENT, ENGLAND.

'BABE', BOTTOM RIGHT WAS ABOUT 12 THEN !! COKE ONLY.

Backrow left to right... Woolie, Granny, Cookie, Moose, Magic and Zimmer.

Kneeling in front.... Teacher and Babe.

Attached Files
.jpg   60th_005.jpg (Size: 204.68 KB / Downloads: 0)

my first thought when I saw Babe in the photo was 'good grief he looks like a baby' - that was before I read the names LOL

post-256-1186847985_thumb.jpg

PJO, THIS WAS 'BABE' WHEN HE FIRST APPEARED AT OUR GROUP DISPLAY, I THINK HE WAS 10 OR 11 THEN. ALL HIS GEAR WAS MADE TO SCALE BY HIS RELATIVES

Attached Files
.jpg   babe.jpg (Size: 37.15 KB / Downloads: 0)

What a picture! Sure was a beautiful child and looked so happy to be a part of it all.

How adorable! What a real cutie! :wub: It's great to see that he was into something with real essence and history at such a young age. That is inspiring.

His relatives sure put a lot of work into his uniform too. :armata_PDT_37:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Where did I put my Mattel Thompson....? I bet that young man is having a blast bein' all geared up like that! :pdt34:

Dogdaddy :woof: