Farewell AL Kincer 48th Combat Engineer

Again I stand at ATTENTION AND GIVE COMBAT ENGINEER ***AL KINCER***

A SLOW SALUTE. May he meet up with MY Elizabeth. Roque Riojas

This is a beautiful letter Marion!

I've no doubt that Mr. Kincer was surrounded by his family

and all the VI Corps Vet "family" immediately upon arrival in Heaven.

Your Dad will certainly be among them - and my Dad too.

:pal:

A very good man has left us

Essayons....

post-32-1187997200_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   surveyor.jpg (Size: 29.3 KB / Downloads: 0)

May he rest in peace.

Martin

My condolences to his family and friends. May he Rest in Peace with his friends and wartime buddies who have already passed on.

Words are never enough to express what we feel. To the Kincer Family and all who loved Al...May he rest in peace.

Jim

Sorry to see him go.

My deepest sympathy to his family.

Brooke

Here is the obituary that I acquired from the Internet:

Alfred L. KincerLT. COL. ALFRED LEMUEL KINCER JR. U.S. ARMY Alfred L. Kincer Jr. (Ret) passed away on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 in his home in San Antonio. He is survived by his wife of sixty four years, Elizabeth Lucas Kincer; by his three children, Deborah Kincer Hanus, Diana Kincer Shelley, and William Louis Kincer, and by six granddaughters; Lisbeth Hanus, Katheryne Harrell, Jessica Zweig, Mary Zweig and Allison and ToniMerie Kincer, as well as his daughter in law, Laurie Kincer and his son in law, Charles E. Hanus. Col. Kincer was preceded in death by his son Alfred L. Kincer III, who gave his life in Vietnam. Lt. Col Kincer served in World War II as a 48th Combat Engineer and was awarded both the Silver Star and the Purple Heart with two bronze oak leaf clusters, American Defense Service Medal, Army of Occupation Medal, the Armed Forces Reserve Medal, and several others. After the war he continued to serve his country in a military career serving in Vietnam, Italy, Alaska as well as in the continental United States. Colonel Kincer was born March 29, 1919 in Bowie, Texas to Alfred and Mary Elizabeth Kincer. He was an avid golfer serving with the Texas PGA association for many years as an official and mentoring young golfers. He was a beloved family man, a builder and carpenter, and remained enthused his whole life about technology, photography and computers. He was great and good man. A book of condolence may be signed at the Angelus Funeral Home. Graveside service and interment will be held Friday morning, August 24, at 11:00 AM at Fort Sam Houston National Cemetery with full military honors. Condolences may be sent to the Kincer family at www.theangelusfuneralhome.com. Arrangements by: The Angelus Funeral Home.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I didn't know he had a son lost in Vietnam... May they be reunited in peace.

B

It is with saddened heart that i learned of the passing of LT. Col. Al Kinser. Along with Marion, Al was one of the first to welcome me to this forum and realized right away that Al was a man to be respected. Tho i only knew him for too short a time, from his posts & his stories on the main page i knew here was an honest and proud leader of men. Well loved & respected by all, forever caring for the men he led in battle & throughout his life. Always willing to share his knowledge & memories with others.

I`ve been honored to have crossed paths with Mr Kinser & will always keep him in my memory.

May he rest in peace knowing he will never be forgotten.

Larry

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Farewell Capt John Fallon 36th Engineer PDP2020 2 4,772 10-25-2021, 10:09 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  Last Man Standing, 61st Engineer Combat Battalion Wayne 10 15,781 01-03-2020, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Farewell Tony Stefanelli - 36th Combat Engineer Walt's Daughter 4 7,054 08-09-2018, 10:47 AM
  Farewell to Vincent J. Consiglio - 291st Engineer Walt's Daughter 4 8,929 11-25-2017, 09:51 AM
  Farewell Bob Feland - 540th Combat Engineer Walt's Daughter 1 4,719 08-27-2017, 06:24 PM
  Farewell Kenneth Button - 2756 Combat Eng Bn Walt's Daughter 1 3,796 05-31-2017, 07:51 AM
  Rest in Peace - Ed Saraniero - 48th Combat Engineer Walt's Daughter 0 4,829 12-14-2016, 08:58 AM
  The passing of Carl Furtado - 36th Combat Engineer Walt's Daughter 16 15,821 12-08-2016, 05:34 PM
  Farewell Louis J. Slonina - 148th Engineer Walt's Daughter 1 5,079 05-27-2016, 06:54 PM
Last Post: buk2112
  Farewell Marty Marsh - 36th Engineer Walt's Daughter 4 6,060 02-29-2016, 09:28 PM