Engineers in the Pacific Theater

Did you know...that in the Pacific Theater there were more Army and Navy Engineers than infantrymen? General MacArthur referred to them as "the Soldier's Soldier". Many of them were older men who were veterans of World War I!

Dogdaddy :woof:

Very cool fact! Engineers rock whether in the army or navy! :drinkin:
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Did you know...that in the Pacific Theater there were more Army and Navy Engineers than infantrymen? General MacArthur referred to them as "the Soldier's Soldier". Many of them were older men who were veterans of World War I!

Dogdaddy :woof:

I don't know if I'm replying correctly as I'm not really good with computers. I found your info very interesting as my boyfriends father (recently deceased) served in the Pacific and participated in three beach landings. His accounts of being a Marine Combat Engineer were very interesting - lots of funny stories and lots of sad things, but his eye witness details were facinating. I'm glad he didn't mind talking about it.

pjo

You should write them down and preserve these stories.

And maybe share them with us here on the forum? :armata_PDT_37::armata_PDT_01:

Erwin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  117th Engineers - Pacific Theater Walt's Daughter 13 13,820 12-11-2015, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  special service engineers & rail engineers Ron Nash 17 586,586 11-15-2012, 10:43 AM
  Jeff Jilek's Flag from the Pacific Theatre Walt's Daughter 0 2,072 05-16-2007, 04:36 PM
  Walter M. Hazel Engineer in pacific during ww2. Monty 1 105,959 07-06-2005, 04:15 PM