In Pursuit of Honor

In Pursuit of Honor

Actor Ken Olin directed this real-life story of five American Calvary soldiers who took a stand against General Douglas MacArthur and fought his 1930s plan to trade men on horses for tanks. After defying a direct order to destroy their horses, the men find themselves on the wrong side of military law fighting to survive. This made-for-cable movie was filmed on location in New Zealand and Australia.

My husband rented this movie from Netflix. It was definitely worth a watch. Well done but heed my warning; some scenes were really hard to watch. :armata_PDT_23: If you are an animal lover of ANY sort, it will be hard on the heart and soul. I was not familar with this story until he turned me onto it, and am glad that I watched it.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Thanks for the warning M! I hate to see any animals harmed, in movies as well as real life. This issue reminds me of the comments of a WWII P-47 Thunderbolt pilot on one of my DVDS, I think "The Color of War". This pilot is writing a letter home to his folks, when he remarks about how his buddies come back from strafing missions sometimes, and they are jubilant about shooting up a railroad car full of enemy soldiers, but totally depressed if they had to attack horse-drawn artillary. Makes sense to me! Horses and mules have never had designs on world domination as far as I know. :lol:

Jim :woof:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In honor of 9-11-09 - Marion's story Walt's Daughter 3 5,969 09-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Medal of Honor Cadetat6 3 6,575 11-25-2005, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Dogdaddy