Glider Monument

Edwin (Jeeper 704)

I saw your posting of the photo called AfterNormandy-Vellaothers.jpg concerning the story of the Glider Monument. The photo shows some of the members of the 101st Airborne Signal Co upon their return to England after Normandy. My late father was a member of that group. I attempted to zoom into the photo and look at one of the men in the group who closely resembles my dad, but because of the rather small file size, the clarity is not good enough to tell for sure. I know it has been about 4 years since this post, but do you have access to the original photo or have a larger version that I could view or get a copy of? I'm a new member to this forum so I believe you can contact me directly through it

Thanks,

Rich M.

Welcome to the forum Rich. Erwin will be delighted to talk with you. He's are regular current member.

You don't state your father's name. Could you please post. Thanks! I am good friends with George Koskimaki and he may recognize his name. I can also look his name up in George's books.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Thank you for your interest, Sir.

Every year, we hold a small commemoration so to make sure these men are not forgotten.

In the meantime I sent you a copy of that photo.

Hope it will help you identifying your father if he is in that photo.

Erwin

There are two different mentions of a Morgan in George's books, so let me know what his first name is, to see if he may be one of them. You never know...

Marion J Chard

In case you didn't see it on the friend's reply... my father's name was T-5 SGT. John (Jack) F. Morgan Jr. of the 101st Airborne Signal Co. And thanks for picking up on this!

There are two different mentions of a Morgan in George's books, so let me know what his first name is, to see if he may be one of them. You never know...

Dang, saw one entry and thought it was IT, because the first initial was J. Morgan, but it wound up being J. Herschel Morgan. Ah, so close...

But if you haven't read his three books, I highly recommend them.

D-Day with the Screaming Eagles

Hell's Highway

The Battered Bastards of Bastogne

All by George Koskimaki

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Glider Pilot Regiment. colinhotham 8 10,008 12-02-2008, 06:37 AM
Last Post: colinhotham