Photos from Waltham Abbey, Tilford and Horndean, england, may, 2007.

THIS IS NICK HALLING, A UK PHOTOGRAPER WHO HELPS THE GROUP OUT FROM TIME TO TIME.NICK IS IN THE BACKGROUND.

post-256-1180690740_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   Nick_Halling.jpg (Size: 1.87 MB / Downloads: 0)

Please do not be offended by this 'Battle' scene from Waltham Abbey, it was exciting for the general public and Veterans alike.

post-256-1180690896_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   THE_HALFTRUCK_IS_AMUSHED.jpg (Size: 1.83 MB / Downloads: 0)

Take cover.

post-256-1180693271_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   take_cover..jpg (Size: 977.5 KB / Downloads: 0)

'THAT'S ALL FOLKS'.... I'VE ENLARGED MOST OF MY POSTS, UGLY BUNCH, BUT I LOVE EM'.

SGT. MOOSE :drinkin:

Wow, Moose! How lovely getting a surprise phone call from merry ol' England a few minutes ago. How nice hearing your charming English accent over the wire. I am still smiling! Thank you for calling and chatting with me. You made my day. Sorry I wasn't a bit more exuberant, but you caught me with a darned Michigan cold. Just call me sneezy today! :blush:

I will make sure that I send a big hello from across the Atlantic from you to Don Burgett when I see him in three weeks. I know he enjoyed meeting you blokes too! :pdt34: You and the rest of the "boys" do them great honor. I was moved by your stories when the vets from the 101st Airborne visited with you. What a great honor for you, to get paid such high compliments. :armata_PDT_37:

Well my employee just went home sick, so Lee and I will have to work the rest of day. Oh well, didn't really have any plans, but I have to admit I don't feel like working with this danged cold. You gotta do what ya gotta do. ;)

Next time I will surprise you and give you a jingle across the miles. Cheers! :drinkin:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

It's party time, now the Screaming Eagles LHG are reknown for their partying !!!!! But if you look closely at the green chair in the forground you'll see thats its occupant has long gone to bed, cuddling his MI !!!!!! :machinegun:

he is there the green chair belongs to someone in the ghost squad. :armata_PDT_37:

Hi Moose,

Very nice photos! It's great to see those veterans smiling! :pdt34:

Keep up the good work!

Daan

This is the lady who saves our bacons on wet,cold and long days in the field. Cara wanted to make some holes in her freshly baked doughnuts... How else ??

A SAD NOTE POOR OLD ' SPARKY' , LEANING ON THE FENCE POST , FAR RIGHT, HAS JUST SUFFERED A HEART ATTACK. HE'S DOING OK, GOOD LUCK JOHN..... FROM EVERYONE IN THE GROUP.

FEATURED IN 'CARAS PHOTO' TILFORD PHOTOS.

MOOSE.

Oh Moose, I am so sorry to hear that. Please give Sparky a BIG Ol KISS from Marion. Well, maybe you should just send word that I did. He would probably NOT appreciate getting one planted by you. :pdt12:

Seriously though, please tell him that he is in my thoughts and prayers. I expect to see him back out there shouting out cadences and getting full of that English mud. :pdt34:

The enlargements are a BIG improvment. Thanks for redoing those. It's great to be able to see all the detail in the photos. I love the BACON lady trying her hand out with the rifle. The guys in the background laughing so hard. It's priceless.

Nice to see all of you with the vets from the 101st. You've received a lot of great compliments and there is NO higher compliment than coming from one of them. :pdt34:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Oh Moose, I am so sorry to hear that. Please give Sparky a BIG Ol KISS from Marion. Well, maybe you should just send word that I did. He would probably NOT appreciate getting one planted by you. :pdt12:

Seriously though, please tell him that he is in my thoughts and prayers. I expect to see him back out there shouting out cadences and getting full of that English mud. :pdt34:

The enlargements are a BIG improvment. Thanks for redoing those. It's great to be able to see all the detail in the photos. I love the BACON lady trying her hand out with the rifle. The guys in the background laughing so hard. It's priceless.

Nice to see all of you with the vets from the 101st. You've received a lot of great compliments and there is NO higher compliment than coming from one of them. :pdt34:

THANKS LOVELY LADY. IT'S A PLEASURE TO SPEND TIME WITH THESE GUYS. WITHOUT THEM IT WOULD JUST YOU AND ME. :drinkin:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Karl's Collection and Reenactment Photos Walt's Daughter 9 14,569 12-14-2016, 08:50 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Veterans Day, England. 2011 ricklind 0 3,786 12-02-2011, 06:41 AM
Last Post: ricklind
  Upottery Airfield, Devon England...'Roll Call'... ricklind 2 5,576 08-24-2011, 10:17 AM
  Veterans Day, England. Nov.2009. ricklind 2 4,680 11-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Last Post: verow
  Photos - re-enactors at Indiantown Gap PA 2009 Walt's Daughter 0 3,023 09-17-2009, 12:22 PM
  Littlecote House, Wiltshire, England. ricklind 2 5,374 04-28-2009, 09:13 AM
  Then and Now....Tower of London, England 2009. ricklind 1 5,190 03-07-2009, 12:29 PM
  More photos from W.O.T.L. England...... ricklind 1 3,822 01-21-2009, 05:52 PM
  Christmas leave, WOLT , England, Dec 2008. ricklind 3 5,410 12-29-2008, 08:28 AM
  Detling, England 2008. ricklind 1 3,736 08-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Last Post: CaptO