Colleville sur Mer Cemetery

I planned to go to Colleville sur mer cemetery the june 9 for anniversary of the D-Day. To flower the graves of the 10 soldiers which i have adopted . If someone wants me to put some flowers and to take a picture a special grave just tell me and it's done .

I am so proud to take care of the grave of my godsons and of their to pay homage. I learn to my children how to respect the memory of the sacrifice of all those young soldiers who died for our freedom ! I have much respect for the veterans who risked or lost the life for us give again our freedom and our flag ! Never we can thank them enough for what they did for us in WWII

It's a picture of my sons behind the grave of one of my godsons

Cyril 17 years old, Marc 13 and Arnaud 9 years old

Véronique

post-227-1180201609_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   normandie_aout_2006_294.jpg (Size: 778.46 KB / Downloads: 0)

You are remarkable Veronique'...in a day and age where even their own countrymen and far too many Europeans neglect the memory of these boys' sacrifice. You are a beacon of light, and I am pleased to know that there are people like you that do such an outstanding job of remembering them!

Best Regards,

Jim :woof:

Hi Jim,

First thank you , I wanted to say to you that I correspond regularly with the families of 8 my godsons for my biggest happiness ! Able to put a face on their names . This happiness, I owes it to numerous persons in the USA who help me in my researches . I their would always be grateful for it ! If you want to see the pictures of my godsons.

with all my affection

Véronique ;)

I have just put the photos of my godsons

So that you can look at them

Click on the link below-

http://picasaweb.google.com/waminvero/PicturesOfSoldiers

Excuse me for my English

Les grandes étreintes à vous Veronique. La photo est grande. Cyril, la Marque et Arnaud ont l'air des garçons merveilleux. Merci pour votre temps et entretient. Dieu bénit !
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Thank you very much, Marion, Your French is very good :pdt34:

with all my affection :heartpump:

Véronique ;)

Hi has all,

It was a short weekend and real busy .

The weather was magnificent.

I post you some pictures that I took .

I hope you enjoy the pic's

http://picasaweb.google.com/waminvero/Normandie09Juin2007

Véronique ;)

Just spent several minutes looking over your photos. You did get a beautiful weekend and the photos were great. I loved the photo of the re-enacting dog too. :woof: The indoor museum photos turned out wonderful.
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

:armata_PDT_37: Great photos Vero and you were lucky with the weather, when I was on the cemetery 3 days earlier the wind was blowing from the see to the land it was very unconfortable .

I'll open my album a bit later I has been to busy the last days

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Utah/Omaha/Colleville-s-Mer/Hiesville/Ste-Mère-Eglise/Ste-Marie-du-Mont/Manche/Calvados sixgun 0 2,637 09-24-2014, 05:36 AM
Last Post: sixgun
  Norman American Cemetery Walt's Daughter 2 3,237 09-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Arlington Memorial Cemetery, the WWII Memorial, and MCRD San Diego CaptO 12 13,293 07-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Last Post: verow