Jeff Jilek's Flag from the Pacific Theatre

Copying this here for a new friend who left a post in our guestbook:

jeff jilek

March 23rd 2007

10:26:58 AM

How did you find my website? combat engineers search

Where are you from? wisconsin

Please enter your comments? Hi! I am in possession of a flag signed by a group of combat engineers in the pacific ww2. I have a ton of names, but no unit etc. Their Col. was William J. Ely. Looking to contact any survivors but my web searches are not fruitful. Anyone?

Thanks,

Jeff

He sent an email later after I contacted him:

Marion, I was unable to access the site. What I have is the common Japanese red ball on white silk. It is apprx.3'x4'. In black in across the top it says merry xmas/happy new year. To the left of the sun, in kanji, there is writing, which iI suspect is the same message. On the bottom, it has Sept. 1945 Kyoto, Japan. I believe this was where the unit ended, possibly at surrender day or days. Lower left has 30-40 names, some unreadable, of a unit. No unit no. or other info. other than Col. Ely C.E. and a list of officers and men. I have tried to search the names I can read, but no luck. I tried the same thing with my father in law's list of names from his time in the in the Phillipines, ww2 u.s. army, armor. Of the eighty or some, I actually contacted 2. It takes a lot of time, and if anyone can help, let me know.

Jeff

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  117th Engineers - Pacific Theater Walt's Daughter 13 13,841 12-11-2015, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Engineers in the Pacific Theater afc7883 3 6,038 07-14-2007, 02:53 PM
Last Post: Jeeper704
  540th American flag 63 years later.... Walt's Daughter 1 4,116 10-27-2005, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Custermen
  Walter M. Hazel Engineer in pacific during ww2. Monty 1 105,961 07-06-2005, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter