91 year old WWII Veteran
Can you imagine that happening in the 40's? If it did the man and woman (or should I say Mr. and Mrs. Scumbag) would have been immediately apprehended and the crowd would have pummeled them :hit: and taken care of the veteran. :pal:
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

They say that senior abuse is on the rise (as is almost every evil if

you ask me). On TV the other night, they showed what happened when staged abuse

took place in a park. Actors - one a senior in a wheelchair & the other an attendant

who appeared to be abusing the disabled man in the wheelchair. A hidden crew filmed

it to see the reactions of passersby. Hardly anyone stopped or did anything about it.

Joggers just looked and kept going. Only 25% of the people attempted to intervene,

75% did NOTHING!

It makes me SICK! :angry::cuss:

A few months ago, my cousin was in the local grocery store & saw this guy yelling

& screaming at this little elderly lady with a cane. She watched them to see if this

creature was the woman's son and found out that he was the van driver for a ritzy

assisted living facility. My cousin was so upset by what she witnessed, she cried all

the way home, called this place, demanded to speak to a manager there, & told them

in no uncertain terms that she was enraged & appalled by what she'd witnessed.

They assured her that they would tend to it immediately.

I tell you what, I may not be that big or strong, but you would NOT wanna see

ME coming! :armata_PDT_19::armata_PDT_19: I've intervened on numerous

occasions when I've witnessed cruel behaviour in any form. I recall being in the Boston Public

Garden & seeing a group of 10 big teenagers standing in a circle shooting rubber bands

at baby squirrels so they couldn't get away & kept getting hit. People saw it - men & women -

but just walked by. Not me! I charged into the middle of those guys, screaming every obscenity I could think of in a total rage. Any of those guys could've beaten me up, but they

ran like the Hounds Of Hell were after them (they were all cowards because only cowards

engage in cruelty to the helpless). My current boyfriend at the time stood by gaping

(another "chicken" that I soon got rid of).

There are many times that I wish I was bigger than 5'5" because there are quite

a few people that are in desperate need of having the :cuss: beat out of 'em &

I could do it too! :fireyhair:

m2

You're right M2

M?

Dear M, and M2:

Oh I hear ya loud and clear. M2, if the army put you and I together, we could be our own 2 woman squad. Just ask my husband. I actually beat on a big guy who attacked my husband many years ago. Honest I did. :hit:

We were at a festival downtown in Hart Plaza watching a concert. Had been there all day for a grand prix racing event and four of us stayed to watch the band down in the plaza. We've done this lots of time and never a problem. Well this one guy was trying to hit on my best friend Nancy as we came back from the bathrooms. Mark and Lee were waiting for us.

When we got back I was watching from further back, making my way up. Nancy was telling Lee what happened and he figured if he put his arm around her the guy who had been bugging her would get the hint and leave her alone.

A couple of minutes transpired and I listening to the band, when all of a sudden I see a flash of yellow and all these people pulling back. I started running to the front when I realized that WAS MY HUSBAND. When I got to him I see him on the ground, This drunk and stoned asshole had sucker-punched my hubby. The next few seconds were a blur but I remember yelling, "Someone help my husband!" But no one did a thing! :armata_PDT_23:

Well I don't know where this came from but the next thing I know is little 5 foot me is on top on the guy (Lee had managed to flip the guy over), and I grabbed his head and was beating it into the ground, all the while yelling, "If you touch my husband I'll kill you!" :hit::direct::machinegun:

Lee managed to get up, and his face was a bloody mess. Thank God we found his glasses! The guy ran off.

Lee was okay and we got him cleaned up. He wound up with a good sore between his eyes where the glasses cut him. My poor baby.

He was still in shock. He said he was standing there with Nancy (Mark was coming back from the concession stand or something), and said this guy came out of nowhere and punched him. He was freaked. Said the guy wasn't much of a match though because he was so out of it. Thank God for that.

Lee told me that I was like a bat out of hell. I told him no one touches my loved ones. :love: I said I would have done anything to defend him. He said I will never doubt your loyalty, love and strength.

It wasn't funny then, but we often laugh about it now. Lee tells everyone, you should have seen her. She was beating this guy and he was yelling out, "don't hurt me, dont hurt me!" He was a freakin' coward. :pdt12:

Marion J Chard

LOL!!! I love it. You go girl!!

I was in walmart a couple years ago and a little old lady was in front of me, moving slow and struggling with her many bgs. She so happned to be my best friends granny who I knew well. I helped her with her groceries and said if she would wait for me to check out I'd help her to her car.

The clerk whispered, "Do you know her?"

I said, "Actually yes, but would it make a difference if I didn't?"

Yes, Brooke, what difference would that make? :armata_PDT_23: I'm in your corner!
Marion J Chard

M1!!!!! You are THE BEST!!!! :wub:

I can just visualize you pummeling THAT A-hole :hit::hit:

If I'd been there, I woulda been adding to that guys beating,

but it sounds like you didn't need any help. I LOVE it! :love7:

I always say - if you hurt anyone I love or harm any innocent helpless person or

creature - WATCH OUT! :pdt40: I know I could kill somebody if I had too :armata_PDT_19:

Marion, I salute you girl!!!! :waving:

I'd like to buy you several :drinkin::drinkin:

m2

Thanks M1. I know we would make a very dangerous team! Watch out A-holes, M1 and M2 CAN take you on. :machinegun:

After that incident I know for sure that I would defend my loved ones and home if anyone dared to attack us. I know for a fact that if push came to shove, I would pull the trigger and put a few holes into said assailants. You never know how you will react; I certainly didn't until it happened. I think it took me a few seconds and I wasn't even aware of me running to his aid and grabbing the guys hair and ramming his head into the cement. It was like a slow-mo camera.

A few of my friends asked, "You would never kill someone would you?" Hell ya I exclaimed, I have no doubt of it now. We keep a loaded gun in the house (yes I DO know how to use it), and God forbid someone ever broke in. It would be him, not me baby. :machinegun:

I'll take ya up on the drinks Mary Ann. :drinkin::drinkin::drinkin:

Marion J Chard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Veteran’s photos from last days of WWII make it to Smithsonian Walt's Daughter 0 3,407 01-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Veteran stories Frank Gubbels 1 3,974 01-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Last Post: roque_riojas
  The Ardennes with a BRO Veteran Big Pete 9 12,980 07-30-2009, 02:56 AM
Last Post: Jeeper704