photo of Normandy

YIKES MARION; Your'e beginning to scare me. Is there anything you can't do?

Can't wait till a Doctor comes on so the two of you can discuss brain surgery.

Just having a little fun. But tell me--- how did you find time to catch a cold?

chucktoo

Thanks Chuck! I just have a wide variety of interests. I was always a very curious child. My parents stressed education and we read a lot in my family. I started reading books when I was four. Hey I knew I had a lot to master when I learned what my last name was, PONIEDZIALEK and mom says I could spell it before I went to kindergarten. :wacko:

I was brought up with and lived amongst some great people and my Uncle Howard sparked my interest in photography when I was in grade school. He had a darkroom and would show me how to take and develop photos. So when I got to high school I took some classes too.

My dad and his one of his good buddies (he lived across the street from us) were always tinkering with projects. Bill was an electronic engineer and dad was a mechanic so...

I was just turned onto so many things as a child and always had a natural curiosity. Wasn't real popular in grade school, etc. but I'd rather hang out with the adults anyway. I was an only child, so I really liked the company of adults. I learned a lot that way.

I have a strong memory of going over to my aunt and uncle's house in Warren, MI and I would always run to their great set of encyclopedias and read for hours. Yup, that's just me.

Anyway, enough of me. Just filling you in on little tidbits of my life as we go... -_-

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

we studied Capa so I know about the mishap with all the photos he took on D-day

That link tells the story of what became of the still shots. But there were many Army camera men with movie cameras. These film cans were collected and handed over to a Major who was to take them back to England. As he was boarding the ship, he dropped the sack of film cans in the drink.

[According to a History Channel documenatry.]

:(

YIKES MARION; Your'e beginning to scare me. Is there anything you can't do?

Can't wait till a Doctor comes on so the two of you can discuss brain surgery.

Just having a little fun. But tell me--- how did you find time to catch a cold?

chucktoo

Well Chuck she is very multi talented..Thank God for that well that and the others who have infuenced her.

Were you referring to me and brain surgery? How did you know !!! Just yankin your chain, but Marion and I do seem to have a lot in common which in my book is a good thing..Brain surgery indeed I do know a couple cranium jokes... :banghead: Cindy

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remembering the 75th Anniversary of D-Day Normandy Walt's Daughter 3 5,582 06-06-2019, 06:26 PM
Last Post: buk2112
  Normandy D-Day Walt's Daughter 1 2,783 06-06-2018, 06:04 PM
Last Post: buk2112
  D-Day Normandy - 2017 Walt's Daughter 1 3,196 06-06-2017, 10:33 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  Super transport photo - June 7, 1945 Walt's Daughter 2 4,286 05-28-2016, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Allied Infantrymen and military vehicles move inland from Normandy to Carentan sixgun 1 3,053 12-17-2014, 09:02 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Utah Beach Normandy 1944 sixgun 1 3,334 09-28-2014, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Jean Jacobson
  Normandy Loves US...The Untold Story sixgun 0 2,514 04-12-2014, 07:57 AM
Last Post: sixgun
  Incredible photos of tribute in sand - Normandy Walt's Daughter 1 3,578 10-28-2013, 07:46 PM
Last Post: CaptO
  Normandy - The Airborne Invasion Of Fortress Europe sixgun 0 2,424 12-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Last Post: sixgun
  My short trip to Normandy last week. Frank Gubbels 10 9,710 11-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Frank Gubbels