Colonia Dignidad

I just finished watching a Discovery Channel program on Hunting Nazi War Criminals. The stuff about Mengele and Eichmann was old news but they mentioned a compound in Chile called Colonia Dignidad that was/is purportedly a gathering place for a group of Germans living in Chile. There is also evidence of at least one fugitive Nazi, Paul Schaffer assisting the Pinochet government in interrogation/torture tactics in the 60's and 70's. This program featured one man who escaped captivity there in 1971 who said that it was definately Schaffer who he saw there in 1971.

Although many of these fugitive Nazi war criminals have already died, I am always uplifted to learn that there are still groups who are actively pursuing them to bring them to justice. Hundreds or perhaps even thousands of the guilty escaped prosecution after the war, aided by the Soviet KGB and our own CIA in some cases, to serve as intelligence agents, according to this program, but this is not news to most people now either. The importance of going after these criminals even when they are old is that it sends a message to all who would engage in torture and genocide in the future. I really hate to think of any of them growing old and fat in this country, but I know it's the truth.

:woof: Dogdaddy

Justice has no statute of limitations. It's always great to hear that those jerks received their just desserts one year, two years, or 40 years later. Unfortunate that so many got away, but of course, they will receive their FINAL reward on the other side too. I have to believe that their is some divine retribution. :hit:
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Tell me if I'm wrong but could they have gotten away without the help of the Swiss Banks?

J they will receive their FINAL reward on the other side too. I have to believe that their is some divine retribution. :hit:

Of that I feel certain. Only thing is..if there's gonna be a hangin' at that time, I hope I'm not in the audience! :armata_PDT_23:

:woof: Dogdaddy

PS- The Swiss Banks, The Vatican...on and on

Swiss banks, the Vatican; many third parties involved... Some willingly, some...
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"