Heavy Metal Spitfire Squadron

Heavy Metal Spitfire Squadron

http://www.history.com/shows.do?action=det...pisodeId=191941

Oooo, if you haven't seen this one yet, this show is worth a look. It's my second time around and I just love it. Lee had it on when I returned from my morning walk, so I only missed a couple minutes of it.

It's filled with GREAT shots, lots of action and very good interviews with Spitfire pilots. Man, love the sound of those Merlin engines. What a fantastic aircraft! :armata_PDT_37:

It's only on for a few more minutes, sorry. But catch it when it comes on again people.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

I'm watchin' too :armata_PDT_37: It really was (Battle of Britain) a defining moment in WWII, and without the British victory there would not have been a D-Day or an eventual defeat of the Nazis. Three Cheers for the RAF and the Spitfire! :drinkin:

Dogdaddy

Don Burgett of the 101st Airborne Div, would agree with you. He was just commenting to Moose about his admiration of the men who fought in the Battle of Britain. He stated that without the determination of the British pilots, etc., there would have been no D-Day Normandy, for they diligently held off the Germans, thus giving the Allies more time.

BOB was a truly inspiring moment in the history of the war and world. It truly was their FINEST HOUR! :armata_PDT_37:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The German - Spitfire vs. ME-109 Walt's Daughter 3 4,947 01-26-2012, 07:09 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  The Hunt for the Lost Squadron Walt's Daughter 2 3,486 07-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Last Post: chambers