WWII Veteran's Testimonials on CD

I just got this great CD set recently, and I'd recommend it highly for others like me that have a hard time finishing a book, but love to hear personal stories of WWII Vets! In their Own Words features 16 testimonials on 8 CDs, which amounts to over 8 hours listening. I'm only halfway through listening to them (first time) but I can tell they will get plenty of use! Some of the names will be more familiar than others, but all the stories are good, and important to hear. This might even be a way to get the kids and grandkids to learn something! Two of the gentlemen on this set are probably my two favorite to listen to...Len Lomell of the 5th Ranger Btln, who blew up the 155 MM's on Pointe Du Hoc on D-Day, and Belton Cooper. author of Death Traps. I like these because I can even listen in my car if I want to. I think you'd enjoy them and I'm sure you can find a used set for sale (like I did) on ebay or Amazon.com

Dogdaddypost-150-1177902717_thumb.jpg

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_0006.jpg (Size: 395.42 KB / Downloads: 0)

Hey Dogdaddy:

Does this have many British memoirs on it? The reason I ask is that Lee and I took out a video once from NetFlix and it had some amazing stories. It really compelled you to watch more. Some were related to spying, and just made you shake your head. You wondered; how did these men survive? :wacko:

Nope, just found the link I had posted quite a while back regarding, War Stories. It was an English DVD. If you or anyone else hasn't seen this one, I still highly recommend it. :pdt34: I also realized that yours is AUDIO, so I know I haven't listened. Sounds like another great recommendation.

Anyway, here's the old link to War Stories:

http://208.109.212.45/forum/index.php?showtopic=2003

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

Hey Dogdaddy:

Does this have many British memoirs on it? The reason I ask is that Lee and I took out a video once from NetFlix and it had some amazing stories. It really compelled you to watch more. Some were related to spying, and just made you shake your head. You wondered; how did these men survive? :wacko:

Nope, just found the link I had posted quite a while back regarding, War Stories. It was an English DVD. If you or anyone else hasn't seen this one, I still highly recommend it. :pdt34: I also realized that yours is AUDIO, so I know I haven't listened. Sounds like another great recommendation.

Anyway, here's the old link to War Stories:

http://208.109.212.45/forum/index.php?showtopic=2003

Hi Mare,

I rented that War Stories just last week, and it was terrific! I think that's the one where a British POW tells of the Nazis pulling his teeth out with a pair of pliars...

Dogdaddy

ps- Netflix is great!

Oh yes, the pliers. Excuse me while I squirm. Ewwwww! :ph34r:
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"