The Jewish Brigade

I saw a program this morning about the Jewish Brigade, which consisted of 99% Jewish soldiers fighting under British command, first in N. Africa, then on to battles in Italy (Cassino) and finally in Germany itself. All these men knew that for them there could be no surrender or they would be killed, yet they fought on bravely in many battles until war's end when they saw the need for a Jewish state for the many tens of thousands of displaced people and "appropriated' from the British Army trucks, food, and guns for the battle they new was coming next, in Palestine.

Can you imagine the look of terror on the face of a captured SS man when he realized his captors were all Jews? :armata_PDT_37: Sometimes there is some small justice in this world...

Dogdaddy

Can you imagine the look of terror on the face of a captured SS man when he realized his captors were all Jews? :armata_PDT_37: Sometimes there is some small justice in this world...

Dogdaddy

Amen to that! :drinkin:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

:armata_PDT_19:

Marion:-

One team of Intel guys that I interrogated for had a LT that looked

Jewish and during an interrogation of SS Officers he would just stand

against the wall fingering his .45 and scowling.(BY DESIGN)

One of the other guys would always tell the SS that they had been in

trouble because he had SHOT an SS Officer before they could stop him

(Not true). You are right there were a few that had stains on the front

of their pants before the interview was over.

My God are you bringing back the memories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sgtleo :drinkin:

Another part of that story...The Jewish Brigade held a quick "courtmarshall" of one SS guy, then marched the arrogant officer out to a courtyard, told him to stand with his back to the wall while a firing squad assembled, took aim and...All the sudden in comes a motorcycle dispatch rider with a piece of paper which he hands to the officer in charge, who then tells the prisoner that the execution will be delayed.......After repeating the little "hoax" 2 more times the SS man was not so arrogant and uncooperative! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dogdaddy

PS- Sgt. Leo I am trying to bring back memories!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1st Jewish broadcast that took place in Aachen '44 Walt's Daughter 2 4,052 09-21-2009, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  HITLER'S JEWISH SOLDIERS afc7883 4 4,776 12-21-2007, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Dogdaddy
  Fuehrer-Begleit-Brigade 16-Dec-44 to Jan-45 by General Remer rtmxrandy 8 8,660 07-13-2007, 11:11 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter