Ah, you do me honor great sir. :D Now if ya didn't live so danged far we could all go out for a drink. :drinkin::drinkin:

Really thanks. It means a lot coming from you. :wub:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

James Pickering checking in-- nice to be here. Originally from Burnley, England now living in Tucson, Arizona. Link to my WW2 British Homefront website was kindly listed previously by Marion -- also in my signature block below.

James

A very warm welcome James. Great to have you amongst our new members. I hope you will find this site as beneficial as we do yours.

How long have you lived here in the states? We'd love to hear a little background about you and the how the site got started.

:pdt34:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

A very warm welcome James ..... How long have you lived here in the states?  We'd love to hear a little background about you and the how the site got started.

:pdt34:

Thank you for the welcome, Marion. I emigrated to the US in 1950. I am a retired aerospace systems engineer. My WW2 Memoirs website resulted from the urging of my family and friends -- before I got too old to record my memories and remembrances.

James

Hello James and welcome to the forum.

I'm just down the road from where you used to live, i live in a village called Crawshawbooth (just outside Rawtenstall).

I've bookmarked your website and will visit it soon, i'll let you know what i think. :)

Hello James and welcome to the forum.

I'm just down the road from where you used to live, i live in a village called Crawshawbooth (just outside Rawtenstall).....

Thanks for the welcome, Bader40 -- nice to see another Lanky on the Forum. Yes, I have been to Crawshawbooth -- I used to take the Ribble bus from Burnley -- stopping in Rawtenstall -- to Manchester when I worked at Metropolitan Vickers (Trafford Park) in the late 1940s.

James

I'll introduce myself here as well, Stevin Oudshoorn from Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Marion and I got in contact through Mr. Art Morneweck, whose brother is buried in The Netherlands after being KIA on April 12, 1945. I have him on my website and Marion has a great tribute on this webiste for him as well.

I am amazed by how this site is growing both in perspective and size! Thanks to Marion I have also been in contact with several veterans and have now Mr. Palmer's book, which I recommend to everyone. I am a slow reader but this book I finished in no time!

Also big thanks for Marion for keeping an eye out for the technical well being of my site.

As to myself; After years of working as an editor I went back to university to study history. ( :drinkin: ) I try and research the lives and deaths of all the Allied soldiers that were killed in The Netherlands or are buried here. That is what my website is about. I hope it is a fitting tribute to these men. Furthermore I read and try to study everything to do with the land and air war in ETO.

I'll be back!

Greetings,

Stevin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie Derreck.Jett 6 8,014 08-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Last Post: SonofaMP
  Newbie! stelric 3 5,196 09-22-2008, 09:06 AM
Last Post: roque_riojas
  540th Newbie lt pwf dcm 4 5,013 07-31-2006, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  How Newbie can you be? kfitch 9 11,524 01-19-2006, 12:55 PM