Patton and His Pistols

Yes, no one in Washington wanted to hear Patton's views about the Russians. Too bad they didn't pay any attention at all! Look what happened.

While we could not have afforded an all out war with Russia (that would have been a holy mess), they simply acquiesced. No backbone at all. Russia got her way in 1945. Old George KNEW what was coming. Hell he was well read and knew history inside and out. This was no surprise to him.

I was never one for conspiracy stories, but it sure stinks either way. It always breaks my heart to see Patton die that way every time I watch the movie. :(

Sarge I do have to agree with you that Patton would have been very popular with many in the states. If Patton HAD gone up against Ike, well... Oh man Washington would have had a fit. I can see it now. :pdt12::pdt12: One thing is for sure; while still a general, Washington DC still had reigns on him. But as a public citizen, they couldn't order him to cease and desist! :direct:

Thanks for all the input. Enjoyed reading your posts. :pdt34:

I'm dumb,, what does acquiesced mean, teacher?????? conehead rocky

Great commentary.

I am another that tends to shy away from the conspiracy stuff, mostly because conspiracies require that everyone keeps their mouth shut and it goes too much against human nature.

I would sure like to get your comments on a different angle of the Patton thing.I understand that the Russian codes were broken in 1943 and J. Edgar Hoover was able to keep it secret. We actually had access to all Russian communications throughout the Cold War.

So,given the Russians and their historic (and recent) use of poisons and espionage, do you think they were involved?

I'm dumb,, what does acquiesced mean, teacher?? conehead rocky

ac·qui·esce /ˌækwiˈɛs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ak-wee-es] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–verb (used without object), -esced, -esc·ing. to assent tacitly; submit or comply silently or without protest; agree; consent: to acquiesce halfheartedly in a business plan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1610–20; < L acquiéscere to find rest in, equiv. to ac- ac- + quié- (see quiet2) + -sc- inchoative suffix + -ere inf. suffix]

Teacher has spoken. :frown:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

ac·qui·esce /ˌækwiˈɛs/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ak-wee-es] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–verb (used without object), -esced, -esc·ing. to assent tacitly; submit or comply silently or without protest; agree; consent: to acquiesce halfheartedly in a business plan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1610–20; < L acquiéscere to find rest in, equiv. to ac- ac- + quié- (see quiet2) + -sc- inchoative suffix + -ere inf. suffix]

Teacher has spoken. :frown:

Thanks TEACH* just imagine I brung yew a apple. akweees? How about just nod your head!! R

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Several things:-

Marion:- Gen. Patton was riding in a Ford 4 door sedan when it was

struck by the truck not in a jeep. He always sat on the side of the

sedan that was struck by the 6by. That was part of the mystery e.g.

why was the car struck on that side? Coincidence??

Twobisquit:- If you go back and reread my postings I was noncommittal

about it being an accident but knowing and having worked with Intel I

could be made to believe it was planned. Some of those guys were

ruthless when it came to doing their duty.

Also, on your question re the FBI, I have no knowledge but I do know

that it was in 1942 that Pres. Roosevelt appointed Col. William(Wild Bill)

Donovan head of the OSS since the US had no non-military Intel Service

other than the FBI however good they were. The OSS became the Big

Kids on the Block from then on.

My association with Intel was strictly with the Krauts and places like

Peenemunde and the scientists working there.

Somewhere I remember posting that Gen. Patton had said that

"when we got to Berlin we should have kept going or your kids and/or

grandkids will be here for years". How true that statement was.

Sgtleo :armata_PDT_01:

I know George would have much preferred to die in battle.

According to the movie, Patton said,

"There's only one proper way for a professional soldier to

die: the last bullet of the last battle of the last war."

Steve

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Patton and Berlin - 70 years later? Walt's Daughter 3 4,241 07-25-2014, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Jean Jacobson
  Helen Patton and John McAuliffe Walt's Daughter 0 2,192 07-11-2008, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Walt's Daughter
  Patton Pissing in Rhine Walt's Daughter 3 16,034 02-09-2006, 01:29 AM
Last Post: texas38
  Logistics and Patton's Third Army Walt's Daughter 0 3,062 09-04-2005, 10:23 PM
  PATTON MAXIMS Cadetat6 4 77,325 07-08-2005, 04:54 PM
  General Patton Cadetat6 1 46,896 06-30-2005, 05:01 PM
  Patton's Prayer - Battle of the Bulge Walt's Daughter 0 1,053,703 02-22-2005, 11:20 PM
  Patton Cadetat6 5 76,518 12-06-2004, 10:24 PM
Last Post: chucktoo1926