Revisionist

I had to laugh when I received a pretty much "anonymous" email the other day informing me that I had MISINFORMATION on my site, regarding one of my VI Corps Inf Divs. To be honest I can't remember whether he referred to the 3rd or the 36th Inf Div, and at this point I could really care less.

Bascially the letter said, that I had either CHANGED, ALTERED, or placed REVISED history on my site, and it was incorrect. It was about three sentences. And that was it.

I wasn't going to bother to respond, but I did. I wrote this person back and said, first off, when you write to me regarding something on my site, please BE SPECIFIC. I have hundreds of pages on my main site, and tons of info on my forum. Secondly told them if they are referring to a vet's page, then a vet can say whatever the heck he wants. Third informed this person that we do our best to represent the true facts, but even vets who were there remember things differently.

That's all I wrote to THIS person. Funny thing? Never heard back from him. Didn't think I would.

I don't know, I just find those kinds of letters really asinine. That's like me writing to one of you and saying, "You know I didn't like what you said last year." Well duh! If you want to pick bones, then get to it boy. We aren't going to waste our time with people who just have bugs up their you-know-whats!

Sorry but I think we do a damned good job telling the history of WWII. Not everyone is going to agree with everything, because sometimes as with anything else in life, there are opinions, but everyone here knows that I pride myself on research, and I'm the first one to jump on someone if they haven't done their homework.

So a future warning to anyone reading this; if you can't come to me with specifics and just want to shoot your mouth off, stay home. If you want to have an intelligent discussion about WWII history, come prepared and be ready to back your side. Nuff said! :armata_PDT_19:

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

You tell him Girl-Right On

Jim H-87th-Inf.Div.

I STILL SAY , YOU ARE DEFENITLY NO. 1 AND DAD IS STILL SMILING DOWN ON YOU, I FOR ONE AM PROUD TO BE YOUR FRIEND. ROQUE J. RIOJAS PRESIDENT OF THE 34th. DIVN. ASSN> How do like them apples.

Hey gentlemen, wanna make a bet that the guy that wrote to me wasn't in one of those above named infantry divisions? ;)
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"