John finds some treasures!

Oh goodie, can't wait!

I am stuck in my Philadelphia home with my car parked several blocks away iced over I am sure and I am not about to trust my old legs on the ice to go de-ice it. So I nosed around my basement and found an old brief case I hadn't seen for many years, and in the brief case were a couple of papers I don't think I have ever seen.

When an Officer leaves the Army there are all kinds of clearances to make with the Finance Officer the Officer's Club, the PX, and they just stick all these things in a big envelope with your file and they send you home and I have never looked in it. I found the original handwritten request of my Company Commander for a citation, the original Regimental request for one, obviously typed by a clerk at the Regimental Headquarters some place in the rear. I also found the orders giving me a Bronze Str with a V for Valor.

Besides that old envelope I found a copy of he Beachhead news. Now I know you have seen the Beachhead News about Anzio but this one is about the landing in Sounthern France and I'll bet you haven't seen it and in fact I didn't know I had it. So I will make some copies and send them on........that is if it ever thaws out enough for me to get to a copy store.

Stay WARM as well as RUGGED!!!!

36 Engineers are rugged......John Fallon II. Capt. USA Ret.

Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"

That's pretty cool! How nice of him to think of sharing it with you.

Brooke

Just goes to show that you never even know what you may be sitting on in your very own house. More treasures for my book!! :pdt20:
Marion J Chard
Proud Daughter of Walter (Monday) Poniedzialek
540th Engineer Combat Regiment, 2833rd Bn, H&S Co, 4th Platoon
There's "No Bridge Too Far"